VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Locating african cichlid (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/locating-african-cichlid-368495/)

Visualimpact757 10-26-2010 08:41 AM

Locating african cichlid

Hey what's up? I know there are a few people on here that build/take care of aquariums. I been searching all local shops to find a cynotilapia afra cobu "orangeback cichlid" and everytime I bring up the name no one really knows what I'm talking about. Besides online I have yet to see one around. So my question is does anyone know of a good place that could get the fish? I've already checked animal jungle with no luck. Lmk if there r suggestions.

TATTRAT 10-26-2010 08:51 AM

Re: Locating african cichlid

Africa?

Daft Punk 10-26-2010 08:52 AM

Thread title is misleading. I thought OP was looking for a missing African Child.

Slooby 10-26-2010 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Daft Punk (Post 6661363)
Thread title is misleading. I thought OP was looking for a missing African Child.

LAWLS +RAPEZ for you I thought the same thing

Visualimpact757 10-26-2010 09:05 AM

Anyone else have useless replies?

sope 10-26-2010 09:26 AM

I might be able to help, although I switched to from fw to sw awhile back. I had three purchased from a.j. (they can order them for you. A good reference would be to call reef chief, they don't carry fw but could most likely point you in the right direction as far as a.c breeders go.(you should also check out the green terror cichlid, great color.)

Visualimpact757 10-26-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by sope (Post 6661450)
I might be able to help, although I switched to from fw to sw awhile back. I had three purchased from a.j. (they can order them for you. A good reference would be to call reef chief, they don't carry fw but could most likely point you in the right direction as far as a.c breeders go.(you should also check out the green terror cichlid, great color.)

If memory serves me correct I thought the green terror was a south american cichlid. Ill have to look it up. But thanks, ill check with them and see if they can help.

TATTRAT 10-26-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Visualimpact757 (Post 6661398)
Anyone else have useless replies?

I do, and DAMN, I sure love me some god damn slurpees. Mountain Dew slurpee is my favorite.

sope 10-26-2010 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Visualimpact757 (Post 6661458)
If memory serves me correct I thought the green terror was a south american cichlid. Ill have to look it up. But thanks, ill check with them and see if they can help.

They are but unless your staying true to the region, I've had much success with mixing a
S.a. and Africans

Oogie Boogie 10-26-2010 02:15 PM

Green Terrors are gorgeous! As well as Jack Dempsey's, if your looking for awesome colorations. But yes Green Terrors are South American cichlids.