Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Input on buying a "new" used car

Old 03-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Input on buying a "new" used car

I've been debating this for a while, and am not sure if I'm going to go through with it or not.. But I may be looking to buy a newer used car here pretty soon.. Yes, I want to keep my 240, but I cannot find the things I need to extend its life all in one bundle.. That, and I usually dont have the sum of money needed for it, when it comes to that time.

Does anyone on the boards have any input on a dealership to go to? Or who to avoid? Let me know how they treated you, etc. Any special deals I should know about, or mention? It'll be my first time purchasing from a dealership, so I'm curious.

Sorry to admins/mods, didnt know where to post this topic and picked here.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: Input on buying a "new" used car

Avoid Victory Nissan and most of the ones that say "Buy Here, Pay Here".
Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

SLMRacer1M has disabled reputation

Yeah dont ever settle on the first price. And stay away from Hall Mitsubishi in Newport News or Casey Chevrolet.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of
Default Input on buying a "new" used car

I had the sales staff at the used car lot at RK chevrolet of VB blvd lay in front of my car, with my mom and aunt in the car with me. Lets just say it didn't make me want to buy anything there. My sister was looking at cars and also went to RK on vb blvd. She had to write a $1000 check to get the price of the car, then voided it and when looking at cars some guy was hitting the under side of a car with a broom suspiciouly. I know a guy who works there but just don't go there.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Checkered Flag Toyota. Call up Chad(Black Nugget) and maybe he can help you find something. He's one of the moderators on here, so shoot him a PM. He works in the Internet Sales department. Pointdexter does also, he's in charge of the internet department I believe.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by MookHaasa
I had the sales staff at the used car lot at RK chevrolet of VB blvd lay in front of my car, with my mom and aunt in the car with me. Lets just say it didn't make me want to buy anything there. My sister was looking at cars and also went to RK on vb blvd. She had to write a $1000 check to get the price of the car, then voided it and when looking at cars some guy was hitting the under side of a car with a broom suspiciouly. I know a guy who works there but just don't go there.
RK rocks.
I'll hook you up justen.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by NJEJ8
RK rocks.
I'll hook you up justen.
I've talked to people who have worked there and they will say very much the opposite. Not all of RK sucks(ie: you don't) but for the most part, all I've heard is RK sucks. And thats coming from employees, not customers.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
i <3 neg rep

MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN MIKE DEGUZMAN

if you are serious about getting a car, shoot me a pm. i am a senior dealer for both new and used cars.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by JDM DC4
I've talked to people who have worked there and they will say very much the opposite. Not all of RK sucks(ie: you don't) but for the most part, all I've heard is RK sucks. And thats coming from employees, not customers.
Everyone will say every car dealership sucks. Employees will talk shit about their job for a few reasons. Either they can't sell or can't comprehend that selling cars isn't the "ideal dream job" i.e; long hours, stressful, etc... Customers will always have a bad experience at one time or another.

I hear where you're coming from, but I very much love my job, and haven't had any extreme complaints (at least nothing I didn't already expect) from my dealership.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NJEJ8
Everyone will say every car dealership sucks.
No, it's pretty much just RK.

Quick Reply: Input on buying a "new" used car