Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

idea for car show at ODU

Old 04-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justfocus has disabled reputation
Default Re: idea for car show at ODU

is that formula racing part of the minor in motor sports program?
Im curious because im an upcoming mechanical engineer who will soon transfer to ODU.

Oh, and I think what you stated is a good idea.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

You guys should rent out go-karts, I'd be all over it

Hell just seeing half the shit that is parked at ODU I would love to see some of them enter in a contest
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 PM

mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85 mp3man85

jdmhatchback- could u tell me the company name so i could make a phone call please?
justfocus- yes its the formula racing team, if u want to know anymore info about fsae email me at nrodriguez5000@cox.net
This is suppossed to be a big event, so many potential sponsers have to be called. I figured a dyno would get some of you to come out. what else, other than driving the formula car or go karts, would attract you?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:36 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mp3man85
jdmhatchback- could u tell me the company name so i could make a phone call please?
justfocus- yes its the formula racing team, if u want to know anymore info about fsae email me at nrodriguez5000@cox.net
This is suppossed to be a big event, so many potential sponsers have to be called. I figured a dyno would get some of you to come out. what else, other than driving the formula car or go karts, would attract you?
Contact the urban dance club at ODU. They could arrange for some b-boy/girl action and probably get a decent DJ. You could probably make an arrangement for a decent local band to play, too. Contact some of the more organized teams in the area (UltraSpeed, TTE, IV, etc) and see if they would like to participate, ask them what they would need. You could probably arrange to get some booths for them. They can also probably get some participation from other clubs. Contact some of the sponsors of the FSAE program or the Mech engineering dept and see if they'd like to put up booth/display and contact some of the local shops (Tuner's Edge, Millenium, All Aspects, Abacus, etc) and see if they'd like to participate. It also wouldn't be a half bad idea to partner up with a sorority for some car washing/models. They could charge for those seperately as part of a their own fundraiser. Get a hold of Chicho's, Boar's Nest or Subway for some catering. That's just my 7:30AM brainstorming.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:16 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

throw me inline to drive it.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Contact the urban dance club at ODU. They could arrange for some b-boy/girl action and probably get a decent DJ. You could probably make an arrangement for a decent local band to play, too. Contact some of the more organized teams in the area (UltraSpeed, TTE, IV, etc) and see if they would like to participate, ask them what they would need. You could probably arrange to get some booths for them. They can also probably get some participation from other clubs. Contact some of the sponsors of the FSAE program or the Mech engineering dept and see if they'd like to put up booth/display and contact some of the local shops (Tuner's Edge, Millenium, All Aspects, Abacus, etc) and see if they'd like to participate. It also wouldn't be a half bad idea to partner up with a sorority for some car washing/models. They could charge for those seperately as part of a their own fundraiser. Get a hold of Chicho's, Boar's Nest or Subway for some catering. That's just my 7:30AM brainstorming.
What he said.

I'll happily support anything you guys decide to do.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
stop projecting

Aggression Aggression Aggression Aggression Aggression

I would definately come if you had the dyno setup avaliable!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaxican25
ill be happy to talk to Jimmy for you. let me know when this is a definite.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds awesome.Have you decided a day yet(saturday or sunday).Definitely interseted in the mobile dyno.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

ScrewD04 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good to me, and if it rains we can have it in that behemoth of a parking garage, if its finished by then.

Quick Reply: idea for car show at ODU