Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I know most of you hate Scion but...

Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Boner Jams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal
Default Re: I know most of you hate Scion but...

Shes not drifting the xA shes looking for a old school 200sx or 240sx.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Tokico Allumina's should be good.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

CTR has disabled reputation

dont listen to these idiots!!! bunch of morons j/k.

they mentioned some good setups. honestly it feels cool having a lower car, handles like a dream but the fucking bumps on the beautiful virginian roads is hard bare sometimes. my back gets sort daily driving it. (i have tein SS damper.)

but in my opinion, dont waste the money. honestly save the money you would use to buy a decent suspension for a daily driver (considering if you wanted to do it right: shocks, coilovers/springs, camber kit, alignment) and use that money and pick up a cheap project car to beat on and learn from.

you said you would like to drift then i suggust picking up a cheap rx7 other cheap rwd car. you can slam it into walls and drift like crazy and not care. b/c its just a project car!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by CTR
dont listen to these idiots!!! bunch of morons j/k.

they mentioned some good setups. honestly it feels cool having a lower car, handles like a dream but the fucking bumps on the beautiful virginian roads is hard bare sometimes. my back gets sort daily driving it. (i have tein SS damper.)

but in my opinion, dont waste the money. honestly save the money you would use to buy a decent suspension for a daily driver (considering if you wanted to do it right: shocks, coilovers/springs, camber kit, alignment) and use that money and pick up a cheap project car to beat on and learn from.

you said you would like to drift then i suggust picking up a cheap rx7 other cheap rwd car. you can slam it into walls and drift like crazy and not care. b/c its just a project car!

Yea and with an rx7 you can learn a lot about fixing it, as it constantly breaks down.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Originally Posted by benflagg
Yea and with an rx7 you can learn a lot about fixing it, as it constantly breaks down.
been there done that hah
Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 AM
VVT-i FTW

Mishy is an unknown quantity at this point

This is only my daily. I couldn't drift the xA if I wanted to. LOL And yes, the wheel gap is horrendous and only gets more obvious with bigger better wheels. She is getting a new set of 17s, gunmetal, just have to decide which ones look best on her.

As for drifting, I really want the old school 200sx, just love it! I enjoy the rx-7, but I don't want into rotary problems I don't yet have the knowledge to deal with.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

NavyRSt is an unknown quantity at this point

KYB AGX's and Eibach springs. Progressive for nice HR highway ride and strong spring rates under turning and the you get a couple of choices on your drop. I don't recommend GC's (or other cheap coilover alternatives) just because you will be DRASTICALLY reducing the travel of the struts and end up blowing them out prematurely.

Get 'S' Tech if you want shitty handling and a nice stance Tien offers an 'H' Tech spring that is made for handling AND a good vehicle stance.

If you can I would try to go to a Scion meet and see if there are any guys willing to give you a ride in various suspension setups to feel what you like.