Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Great seat belt story

Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale
Default Great seat belt story

Watch this video, please. It's atthe bottom of this thread. It was sent to me by a friend in Florida and is very appropriate given recent happenings locally. I thought I'd share it with y'all

I know by now everyone has had their say about Candice Coutures accident. I've never met the girl and never will. Unfortunately, her parents and friends won't have any more time to spend with her either.

I'm an old fart on here. Hell, probably one of the oldest. I'm 46 (really 18 at heart though) I've raced at Langley off and on for 20 years, organized autocrosses for several local clubs and autocrossed longer than most of y'all have been alive. Probably can out drive most of you too. I'm also a parent and can only imagine what her parents and friends are going through. And yea, I've lost friends in car wrecks.

Plain and simple wearing seat belts WILL save your life. If you don't want to great. But think of your friends and your families. If you wanna feel all big and macho and not wear a belt that's fine too. But again, think of your family. Go ask your parents how they'd feel if you died tomorrow in a car wreck and you death could have been prevented. Even if you don't give a damn about yourself think of others.

Was she a fool for not wearing a belt. My opinion yes. It was said she was almost killed wearing belts before. Unfortunately, she got closer by not wearing a belt. In this case, I bet her friends and family wish she had ALMOST been killed.

Do seat belts always save lives? NO. Case in point was by good friend, Dale Lemonds, Legends driver at Langley a couple of years ago. Two cars in front of me he made contact with another competitor and the car changed direction immediately and hit the back straight wall head on. He was killed instantly. I've hit plenty of walls racing over the years, been sore, but always glad I was wearing a seat belt.

Buckle up, it DOES save lves.

http://www.mannyliban.com/room_to_li...m_to_live.html
Old 12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Great seat belt story

Great post, Dale. I've been in a few accidents. Some where I was very sore from the seatbelt, others where I didn't feel a thing. One thing is certain, I faired better with them on than I would not wearing the belt.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 PM
13.5:1 Poor Mans R

Kana has disabled reputation

Good find!

From what i have been hearing about the Jeep Candice was driving. The roof is touching the drivers side seat. Ill get pics as they come to me though.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

he was wearing his seatbelt, and he is most deff alive
Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio

Originally Posted by 240sxftw

he was wearing his seatbelt, and he is most deff alive
that just looks crazy, its hard to see where he was in that car seeing as the roof is completely smashed in
Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Thanks for the post Dale. You've got 7 years on me. I'll start the car and stare at my passengers until they get the hint, only then will I put the car in gear. I took a T top to the back of the head when it was stored in the hatch in the back of my 300ZX when the car hydroplaned. It was a 1990, so it wasn't equipped with airbags. The car was totaled, I was knocked out for I don't know how long. But after wiping the blood off my head, I realized what would definately have happened if I wasn't wearing my belt.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I always wear my seatbelt and passenger... I don't want a ticket...
Old 12-20-2007, 05:17 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PT2131
I always wear my seatbelt and passenger... I don't want a ticket...
Fuck a ticket, I don't want to die.

Good post.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by TRU
Fuck a ticket, I don't want to die.

Good post.
y do u think they give tickets for not buckling up?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

I know, but I dont buckle up because I'm afraid to get a ticket...

Quick Reply: Great seat belt story