Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

expired inspection?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: expired inspection?

another question.

what if it doesnt have back seats? will it pass?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 PM
MKIII Time

Carino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dcninja757
another question.

what if it doesnt have back seats? will it pass?
what is exposed? and there cant be any seat belts or anything... get some fabric and use it as a mat
technically if the car was manufactured with it and you take it out they can fail you just to be dicks
Old 05-19-2010, 03:00 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

If it's parked in your house's driveway with valid registration and taxes paid on it, you're fine with an expired inspection. No need to cover it.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
If it's parked in your house's driveway with valid registration and taxes paid on it, you're fine with an expired inspection. No need to cover it.
Truth.....In Virginia Beach you either need to have valid plates OR a valid inspection for the vehicle to sit in your driveway. I can not say for other cities.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 AM
MTN CLMBR

MK3Y has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
Truth.....In Virginia Beach you either need to have valid plates OR a valid inspection for the vehicle to sit in your driveway. I can not say for other cities.
In fact VA Beach can suck when it comes to the laws about your car and just what you can do in your front yard. You're only safe with it in a garage or behind an 8 foot fence.

You aren't even suppose to leave a tire off your car and on jacks longer than a day. I had some jerky neighbor who called Housing and Neighborhood prevention on me a few years back, and was greeted by a city worker who wrote me a notice and informed me if I was still working on my car in 30 days they'd fine me. She told me that covering it didn't negate anything, and that the vehicle has to be behind an 8 foot fence or inside a garage.

In another incident I had moved and had my car parked on the street in-front of the house with expired tags. Well this same jerk neighbor on the first day I move in comes over and says "Hey do you know your plates are expired". My first thought was who the hell pays attention to other peoples plates? Two days later, a community service officer shows up, knocks on my door and informs me if I don't move the vehicle off the city road, it will be towed.

Luckily I am never bothered where I live now.

So yeah, VA Beach = Suck
Old 05-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

When I lived in chesapeake a cop put a tow sticker on my car that was parked in the driveway and wrote "invalid inspection" on it even though all of my taxes were paid, it had a valid registration and it was insured. I left a message with the cop twice a week for a month and he never called me back so I just removed the sticker and covered it. Im pretty sure he was having a shitty day and most donut eating cops take there frustration out on citzens for stupid shit that isnt hurting anybody. Im still pissed about this cause my next door neighbor had a truck with expired tags and expired inspection that had been sitting there for over a year and he did not get shit.

Last edited by crxmadness; 05-19-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Inoperable vehicles need to be covered or kept out of view per city ordinances, does not apply to registration.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Inoperable vehicles need to be covered or kept out of view per city ordinances, does not apply to registration.
Im assuming if the inspection is expired then it is inoperable, so your previous statement would be wrong. My car was freshly painted, had all the body panels, glass, and lights attached and working. The motor ran just fine. The only things missing were the dashboard and passenger seat. Does removing the dashboard and passenger seat make my car "inoperable"

Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by MK3Y
In fact VA Beach can suck when it comes to the laws about your car and just what you can do in your front yard. You're only safe with it in a garage or behind an 8 foot fence.

You aren't even suppose to leave a tire off your car and on jacks longer than a day. I had some jerky neighbor who called Housing and Neighborhood prevention on me a few years back, and was greeted by a city worker who wrote me a notice and informed me if I was still working on my car in 30 days they'd fine me. She told me that covering it didn't negate anything, and that the vehicle has to be behind an 8 foot fence or inside a garage.

In another incident I had moved and had my car parked on the street in-front of the house with expired tags. Well this same jerk neighbor on the first day I move in comes over and says "Hey do you know your plates are expired". My first thought was who the hell pays attention to other peoples plates? Two days later, a community service officer shows up, knocks on my door and informs me if I don't move the vehicle off the city road, it will be towed.

Luckily I am never bothered where I live now.

So yeah, VA Beach = Suck

sounds like you were being dumb. Its the Home Owners Association that fucked you both times not the city, oh well. Next time let people know you rent, in most cases the Home owner gets all the RULES sent to them and pay the HOA fees.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 AM
MTN CLMBR

MK3Y has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
sounds like you were being dumb. Its the Home Owners Association that fucked you both times not the city, oh well. Next time let people know you rent, in most cases the Home owner gets all the RULES sent to them and pay the HOA fees.
I wasn't renting one. Two there wasn't home owners association, three that particular neighbor turned out to be the biggest jerk on the block. The community service cop who came about my car, I even explained to him that I just moved in and that I couldn't get into the garage yet. And he told me, someone called in and complained, so he didn't have a choice, he told me to put in the drive way and it'd be fine.

This was prior to me being married and this guy had actually called the cops twice to report a suspicious person/car when my g/f at the time parked on his side of the street when I had company and the driveway was full.

Kind of guy that would ask you when your going to cut your grass after he cut his.

I just wanted to highlight the simple fact that people can cause you plenty of grief by reporting your crap.

Quick Reply: expired inspection?