Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Courtdate comming up

Old 03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
1 of 45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc
Default Re: Courtdate comming up

Originally Posted by jentegraGS-R
you can't prepay for reckless driving. if you call the number on the ticket to prepay it tells you what you can and can't prepay. so basically you have to go to court. my dad got a reckless driving ticket a while back in newport news (80 in a 60) and so we had to go to court there and it was crazy b/c there were so many people in there. the judge was lookin pissed off b/c all the people that went up there were trying to say they weren't guilty and made up all these excuses and showed him recalibration of speedometer papers. but all those people got fined for the reckless driving anyways. my dad went up there and he was the only one who admitted that he was guilty and was driving fast, but he said that he really didn't realize that he was speeding THAt much b/c it was like 2am and no other cars on the road. so the judge dropped it down to speeding instead of reckless. all i can say is, judges hear excuses and lies all the time so just be honest and he might cut you some slack.
hey jen, do you remember if any of those people were second offense reckless drivers? heh...
Old 03-25-2005, 09:16 PM
1 of 45

SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc

Originally Posted by subaruboy
i dont feel like reading the thread so i dont know if this was already said... don't do online traffic school... go to a classroom... the judges like it when you put a little extra effort in and go to the class.
yea, I'm going bright and early 8am @ Ivy
Old 03-25-2005, 09:48 PM
eg master

BIGBALLS is an unknown quantity at this point

chesapeake courts are pretty cool towards speeding or wreckless just get a speedo calib. and argue with the cop they usually drop it or reduce it to improper driving. ive been to ches. court 6 times and never got charged all dropped and 1 reduced to improper driving but then again it was probably because i argued my case
Old 03-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

Originally Posted by SuPraScOObY
You think it could get dropped on that? The box is checked saying "You may avoid coming to court only if this block is check and all instructions on defendant's copy are followed." The ticket is for a 65/45. Hmm...
If that box was checked by the cop then pre-pay its his bad, also if he was in any way out of unifrom like no hat or whatever then you can get it dismissed unless they changed the rules, yyou can also go to a place thatll chekc your speedo and pay them an extra $100 or so to change the gear so it reads off and take that sheet in to the judge and your ticket will be reduced to improper equipment and it wont effect insurance rates. MY lawyer said if you are allowed to prepay that it is the easiest way out. Say the cost is $150. Send them a check for $155. They will then re-imburse you the $5 with a check in the mail. Then rip the check up burn it etc. If you cash the check everything will be processed if you dont cash it then It gets tied up for a couple years and by the time it catches up with the system it wont effect yor insurance.

Worked great for my friend who got a ticket in SC. It still hasnt showed up on his record in 3 years and he was pulled for 75 in a 55 with 4 tickets within the previous year.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:45 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by killasoundz
...Say the cost is $150. Send them a check for $155. They will then re-imburse you the $5 with a check in the mail. Then rip the check up burn it etc. If you cash the check everything will be processed if you dont cash it then It gets tied up for a couple years and by the time it catches up with the system it wont effect yor insurance...
i'm going to have to try that next time i get a ticket...
Old 03-26-2005, 01:16 PM
1 of 45

ok now check this out... I was doing some searches on google and came up with this
http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=226157

the ticket is exactly like mine. law section (74-4) 46.2-875 which according to that guys post is not considered reckless driving. it does not say reckless driving on my ticket and the TRAFFIC court (not criminal court) is checked. options to prepay was given plus a checked box to say I could.

so is this reckless or not (once and for all haha) if it is not, should I just go to the court and it upfront or appear in court and show that I took the driver improvement clinic? I don't think I have enough time to try killasoundz's trick in sending the check for $xx over because my court date is tuesday...

any thoughts/comments?
Old 03-26-2005, 01:50 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

If it doesnt say reckless on the ticket and the box is checked for you to prepay then prepay. If I were you I would go there and prepay because if its late you are guilty.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:09 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BKS_SC2
If it doesnt say reckless on the ticket and the box is checked for you to prepay then prepay. If I were you I would go there and prepay because if its late you are guilty.
even if he prepays on time, he'll still be guilty because prepaying is considered a guilty plea to the court system
Old 03-26-2005, 02:52 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BIGBALLS
chesapeake courts are pretty cool towards speeding or wreckless
.. you're fucking retarded. Seriously.

Originally Posted by killasoundz
MY lawyer said if you are allowed to prepay that it is the easiest way out. Say the cost is $150. Send them a check for $155. They will then re-imburse you the $5 with a check in the mail. Then rip the check up burn it etc. If you cash the check everything will be processed if you dont cash it then It gets tied up for a couple years and by the time it catches up with the system it wont effect yor insurance.

Worked great for my friend who got a ticket in SC. It still hasnt showed up on his record in 3 years and he was pulled for 75 in a 55 with 4 tickets within the previous year.
You're even higher on the retard-o-meter. If your friend said that worked, he lied to you. That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. If your LAWYER told you that, I'm honestly surprised he doesn't live in a cardboard box. Then again, with idiots like you willing to shell out money, I guess anyone can be a lawyer, no?

Last edited by themacuser.org; 03-26-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

jon i don't know if those other people were second time offenders, but all i know is that they all tried to plead not guilty and the judge was lookin really pissed at all of them b/c their excuses were really lame. if your ticket doesn't say reckless driving, then i guess you can prepay it. but 20 miles over is considered reckless so i have no idea why your ticket doesn't say reckless.

Quick Reply: Courtdate comming up