Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

CJ's Automotive

Old 07-29-2004, 08:41 AM
hey soldier boy, soldier boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kastro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CJ's Automotive

http://cjsautomotive.com/norfolkstore.htm

Does anyone know anything about this place? They have some cheap cars on there. I don't live near the place so I can't just ride by there..
Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

fmstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CJ's Automotive

me and my dad drove through there when we were looking for a fun project... we were looking for some restoration work but even with that said all the cars we saw at the time were complete shit and way overpriced. maybe its gotten better though
Old 07-29-2004, 09:41 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

All of the cars are bondoed up and overpriced hunks of metal. If thats all you want is a project car but dont feel like looking around for a good deal, go get raped at CJ's. otherwise, save your money.

Of course, that is what I know of them as of several years ago. I dunno if they turned things around and are actually doing decent work to the cars or what.

Last edited by shawn22; 07-29-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

well, what can I say about CJs automotive..... Im almost embarrassed to say I own this property this business is on. Before 2000 this dealership had a top notch name and a top notch rating with the BBB. When it was rented to Ben Ferguson, and the name of the business sold to him, it went down hill! Its now a low life hot rod shop! Some of his cars are OK, but for the most part its a project car lot, which most old hot rods are projects anyway. I guess its up to what youre lookin for, if its a hot rod PROJECT then youre OK.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

not really, me and my dad went there looking for a project. problem was, the previous owners had tried to fix shit themselves but did it half-assed, so it would have been more of a pain undoing their work & then restoring it than it would have been to just get a car that hadn't had any work done yet
Old 07-29-2004, 04:45 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by fmstatic
not really, me and my dad went there looking for a project. problem was, the previous owners had tried to fix shit themselves but did it half-assed, so it would have been more of a pain undoing their work & then restoring it than it would have been to just get a car that hadn't had any work done yet
I'm not so sure it was the previous owners but instead CJ's. Ive seen their work first hand, its shitty ghettorigged crap all to make it sell.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a PROJECT car they have a decent selection and have access to a lot of other stuff, and their prices are VERY negotiable. Yes you will do better through a private sale but they won't be too helpful when you need parts. I have a few friends that have gotten some decent deals there and have ended up with a pretty decent car.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

I'd take a Hemmings magazine over CJ's anyday. If you haven't heard of it, look it up. For $5 you'll get about 300pg magazine full of classic car classifieds (parts & vehicles)
Old 07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
hey soldier boy, soldier boy

Kastro is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking for a project car to begin with. Most of the cars I've had were pieces of shit except for my truck that I have now. So if the paint is faded, some rust, interior looking like shit that is no big deal to me. I enjoy fixing up cars. Just aslong as the engine is running properly. I came up on this old Cutlass Supreme for $600 and was almost going to buy it even though it overheated, and leaked oil. But I thought about it for a few days and decided it wasn't a good idea to buy a car in that condition... Thing is, I just didn't want to buy for someone that is going to rip me off or someone that peopel have bad things to say about him. I was hoping to hear that this guy is good to do business with, but I'm starting to think twice about it now. I guess I'll just have to see once I see the cars in person and test drive them.

I am looking for an older Cutlass Supreme or an older Monte Carlo to fix up and his prices aren't really that bad compared to ones I've seen in Autotrader.

Thanks for the help guys. I was planing on taking a trip down there this week or weekend to look at a few cars down there. I might still do it. I'll keep looking through Autotrader and the Trading Post.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

www.hemmings.com

Quick Reply: CJ's Automotive