Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Body Shop in Norfolk - State Farm approved?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan
Default Body Shop in Norfolk - State Farm approved?

Girlfriend's car was hit (again) and she'd like to use one of the approved guys on their list so she gets the free rental and such. I don't see any shops I have used before or am familiar with and the Search didn't have any of them showing up in the 757 Shops thread. Here's the list -
  • BAY OLD DOMINION AUTO BODY
  • MIKE'S PAINT & BODY II
  • AZALEA AUTO BODY
  • FREEDOM SUPER BODY SHOP - CHESAPEAKE
  • ONE STOP AUTO - YORKTOWN
  • BOWDITCH COLLISION J CLYDE
  • MAACO AUTO PAINTING
  • SOUTHERN DODGE COLLISION AT THE AIRPORT
  • BOWDITCH COLLISION WARWICK BLVD
  • KOOL AUTOMOTIVE, LLC
  • ELITE AUTO BODY
  • COXTON'S GOLD TEAM
  • SOUTHERN - GREENBRIER COLLISION
  • PRIORITY CHEVROLET/TOYOTA
  • HARMON'S BODY SHOP
  • GEORGE FARISH COLLISION
  • HALL CHEVROLET COLLISION CENTER
  • HALL BODY AND PAINT SHOP
  • FREEDOM SUPER BODY SHOP - NORFOLK
  • CASEY AUTO PAINT & BODY
  • KEMPSVILLE BODY SHOP
  • HAMPTON COLLISION CENTER
  • ADVANTAGE COLLISION CENTER INC
  • ONE STOP AUTO INC
  • RICK HENDRICK'S COLONIAL OF NORFOLK
  • BAY AUTOMOTIVE KIA

I know everyone recommends Stock or Modified, which may still be an option, she is definitely having the appraisal done at one of the above listed and then if one is highly recommended going that route to save her the trouble of arranging for a rental and everything. If everyone agrees this list sucks then I'll push her to get a payout and we'll take it elsewhere (SoM, etc)

The car in question is a '07 Hyundai Accent GS hatchback, so it's not like I need work done on my '13 750Li and demand perfection, I just want it fixed well. It needs both front fenders + bumper and then rear bumper, taillight and a dent taken out of the rear quarter panel.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TheMuffinMan; 08-01-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Body Shop in Norfolk - State Farm approved?

bowditch in npn on warwick did a great job on my dads truck and then also casey auto paint and body just built a brand new huge facility
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

I used harmon's a few years back, they did a bedside/rear bumper/tailgate on my truck... the paint didn't match. i didn't really press the issue though as i was trading it in.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
bowditch in npn on warwick did a great job on my dads truck and then also casey auto paint and body just built a brand new huge facility
That's right! I completely forgot about that new facility at Casey, thanks for the heads up on Bowditch - I will check them out as well.

Originally Posted by yeldak99
I used harmon's a few years back, they did a bedside/rear bumper/tailgate on my truck... the paint didn't match. i didn't really press the issue though as i was trading it in.
Gotcha, I'll cross them off the list for now at least. There's enough on the list to where I don't feel bad knocking some off.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

I do appreciate keeping us in mind, I'm a little confused about the rental though. We do use enterprise and they will pick you up at our location. Does she not have rental protection?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1

Wait do you really have a brand new 750li? Or was that hypothetical?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM
-Rep Legion

Broke B16 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by PTAD1
Wait do you really have a brand new 750li? Or was that hypothetical?
I believe he has a S/C S2000 on Regas IIRC, or maybe both?

If I had to pick from the list, Elite.

Bowditch is iffy in my book, seen their work. It's OK for a insurance job, but not great.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I had a deer hit the side of my truck and had Hall Chevrolet do the work. They did a good job and were very accommodating. Plus, they have an Enterprise rental place inside the dealership so you don't have to go off site to get a rental.

And for the question about the rental, if you use an approved State Farm repair facility, they don't require you to make any of the arrangements yourself. They pay the body shop and rental places directly without having to cut a check and you pay the places yourself. Everything is taken care of by State Farm.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:07 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

elite

i used to work for their gloucester shop. all top notch guys who do really good work, are friendly and will make sure youre 100 percent happy before you pick the car up
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

aksnowbrder has disabled reputation

I've had my car worked on by bay old dominion who did a great job, but freedom super body in Norfolk repaired my car after it suffered a gunshot wound in a random shoot out that happened in my driveway (odu is the fucking ghetto) and they did an AMAZING job. Great customer service, patched/painted my car perfectly, and replaced and re tinted my back window which I don't expect at all. Wouldn't think twice about having them do more work.

Quick Reply: Body Shop in Norfolk - State Farm approved?