VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   Big Als Muffler and Brakes... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/big-als-muffler-brakes-96203/)

gear 06-02-2005 03:14 PM

Re: Big Als Muffler and Brakes...

youre not the only one whos disapointed. today was another terrible day... we had 2 different managers walking around inspecting every single thing we did. The inefficiency drives me absolutely insane. We pull in a car, and one of the managers will want us to thoroughly complete this rediculous checklist, while another one just wants the vitals on the system youre supposed to check, ie: if the car comes in for brakes...just check brakes. One will get pissed if the whole list isnt completed, another tells you that its not necissary to check all the other things and waste time. So its really a tossup whether youll get in trouble or not. One of the managers likes to look over your sholder and critique everything you do...he almost got punched when he goes, "now you see how one of hte pads is gone and its metal to metal? what do you think causes that?" I responded with, "well...probably because the car has been dogged and he waited too long to change his pads...you can see by the other pads it was only a matter of a few stops before the other pads were completely gone as well." the moron manager responds with, "well thats not true...the hose could be frozen up not allowing the caliper to close, you need to crack the bleeder" blah blah blah (goes on for 50 minutes)... they follow you around and say shit like that all the time. Back to the inefficency problem. You pull a car in and do the stupid checklist...then you give one of the managers your list. then you wait an hour while they look up each individual part and get a confirmation to do the vehicle. If you even get the approval after their rediculous prices then you have to wait an hour to hour and a half to even get the fucking parts. Its the most rediculous system ive seen my life. I plan on writing the head of Big Als corporate a long letter letting them know how I feel, and also informing them of the fact: i will make it a goal to make sure they get no more business from this community.

sorry this shit is so long but as you can tell i am absolutely enraged.

DONT GO TO BIG ALS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FumingSmoked 06-02-2005 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by DoingOK
That does suck............I wanted to get my straight pipes(cat delete) installed and they said "Nope, it's illegal" (as if I didn't know). The other guy in the office was going to do them for $50. Oh well, gotta find a place to get them done.

Install it yourself lazyass, you're an ex mechanic.

HatefulMechanic 06-02-2005 04:44 PM

welcome to corporate management. one of many reasons i now have my own shop :cool:

Rich 06-02-2005 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by FumingSmoked
Install it yourself lazyass, you're an ex mechanic.

I would if I had a lift you fuckin nuke.........lol. The header is a bitch to get to on the left hand side. I don't have to get my hands dirty anymore ;)

BlackNite 06-02-2005 07:33 PM

Wow, this really sucks man. I go to the one off of Indian River by the bowling alley. Is that one gone to crap too?

†Specter† 06-02-2005 08:03 PM

reminds me of my gay ass job at jiffy lube

Shive 06-02-2005 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
fuck dude thats the only big als Ive ever gone to and the only one i tell everyone to go to. So much for intercooler piping and 3in. exhaust. how gay.

I know right.....BULLSHIT. They'll lose a SHITLOAD of business. They'll see how stupid it is when they are barely seeing money coming from your store. Everyone's accustomed to the awesome low prices you guys charged and won't think twice about going there now with the outrageous prices and time to get your car done. :thdown:

Qwiksillva 06-02-2005 09:15 PM

Big Al's can do intercooler piping???

TYPE JDM 06-03-2005 03:30 AM

Im glad I went down and got my exhaust pipping done on 1 of the last freedom days.
It was done on May 28, thanks to Brian and his crew. Brad how is the tension on your timing belt now ?

gear 06-03-2005 03:37 AM

the timing belt is doing just fine bud, thanks again for the help :)

Qwiksillva: yeah brian the manager used to do a lot of custom shit: ie: turbo exhausts, the occasional rollcage, classic car exhaust, etc. Alot of people have driven far to have brian do their exhaust. lol, one guy actually drove down from DC on open headers so brian could do a header back system.