Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone have experience Plasti dipping a car?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT
Default Anyone have experience Plasti dipping a car?

Picked up a daily beater, paints not the greatest and it's an ugly color. Want to plasti dip it gloss white, but don't want to pay a shop $600 to do it. Anyone local have experience and/or want to do it or help for $$$?

Shoot me a text (757)839-3632
Old 09-04-2014, 07:20 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Anyone have experience Plasti dipping a car?

Dipyourcar.com. It is easy as hell and the stuff is much more forgiving than paint.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:56 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Just get a maaco paint job for $400.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Dipyourcar.com. It is easy as hell and the stuff is much more forgiving than paint.
I was looking at them. A buddy and myself may end up going halves. I just figured if someone had experience it may be less costly then if I fuck it up my first try and have to do it over again.

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Just get a maaco paint job for $400.
I like the idea of plasti dip because you can peel it. Also seems like it covers up minor imperfections in paint since with the way it lays on an if i'm not mistaken Maaco isn't going to do any prep work, especially for $400. Doesn't need to be perfect, but I don't want it to look terrible either.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackGT
. Doesn't need to be perfect, but I don't want it to look terrible either.
Then I am confused as to why you are asking about platis-dip. That shit looks horrible, worst trend there ever was.

SO prep the car yourself. Sand it down, throw some bondo in the little dings and pull the tails/gaskets that you dont want paint over. take it to maaco, pay the $400 and let them paint/clear it. It will look 10000 times better than plastidip, it will be glossy and it will help you sell the car if you ever decide to. Plasti dip is a bargaining tool in the BUYERS favor, nobody has ever said "well you DID just coat the car in shitty removable plastic, yeah I'll give you full asking price for it"
Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

To each their own...I plan to plastidip my 92 Integra. Why? More like why not?

However, I have looked at the Maaco route as well. Just talk to the painter, toss him $100 cash...and I'm sure he would give it some attention.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
To each their own...I plan to plastidip my 92 Integra. Why? More like why not?

However, I have looked at the Maaco route as well. Just talk to the painter, toss him $100 cash...and I'm sure he would give it some attention.

Where is this integra you speak of? lol
Old 09-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by ls/vtecstitch
Where is this integra you speak of? lol
Driving now. Text me.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:45 AM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

call my buddy chris at new image coatings in williamsburg he just opened a shop he is a authorized dealer for youdipit.com
Old 09-14-2014, 01:54 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

May I suggest doing your own prep work and then taking it to Maaco? All it costs is your time to do a little research and the actual labor of getting it done. Maaco doesn't do a half bad job if you do the hard part for them first.

Donkey, I fucking lost at the full asking price comment. I did the top of the trunk panel on my golf and I used it to replace some of the rubber trim on my Z but I think if I ever dipped an entire car, I'd have to kill myself. What is especially irritating is those new multicolor finishes that people are covering their cars with.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience Plasti dipping a car?