VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   757 exhaust laws??? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/757-exhaust-laws-138364/)

jgporsche 05-06-2006 05:32 AM

Re: 757 exhaust laws???

what a jackass.

Pee Wee 05-06-2006 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
Bright yellow porsche, loud exhaust, no cat, no muffler...noted

thats pretty cute

slowrx 05-06-2006 10:05 AM

I have never had a problem with my exhaust, its not quiet at all.

blue98sl2 05-06-2006 01:50 PM

If your exhaust gets to the point where it is about to rust itself right off the car, and needs to be replaced, you can go to any exhaust shop, and they can put an exhaust system on it that matches OE spec, i.e. diameter or piping, resonator, catalytic convertor, muffler, etc. . This is NOT illegal, aftermarker exhaust IS legal if and only if it is comparable to the standard factory equipment. So don't even bother trying to argue in court that your exhaust was falling off and needed to be replaced if you replaced it with 3" piping and a grapefruit shooter or flowmaster.

Vanilla Face 05-06-2006 03:20 PM

ok, well i have a question....

The scion rs 2.0 (limited edition) came with the "DC Sports Exhaust."

If I had that exhaust on my xb(not a limited edition) would it be considered "like OEM" because it came on the limited edition?

TRU 05-06-2006 03:48 PM

Factory option....just say you got it from the dealer, which you did, and it was offered stock on a scion, they cant fuck you then.

SMOKEYBEAR 05-06-2006 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757
ok, well i have a question....

The scion rs 2.0 (limited edition) came with the "DC Sports Exhaust."

If I had that exhaust on my xb(not a limited edition) would it be considered "like OEM" because it came on the limited edition?

I think you could pull that off, just keep the documentation. Look at it the same aspect as the SVT parts from Ford or TRD parts from Toyota with the exception of off road pipes that do not have cats.

SMOKEYBEAR 05-06-2006 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jgporsche
what a jackass.

Well you are in violation of every exhaust law. Take your pick..I could care less what exhaust you run on your car, but don't let your next thread on here be you complaining about your next exhaust ticket.

djgruesome 05-06-2006 04:21 PM

If he is really VHP why doesn't someone ban him. We all might as well be wearing big ass signs on our cars that say "hey pull me over"

Vanilla Face 05-06-2006 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I think you could pull that off, just keep the documentation. Look at it the same aspect as the SVT parts from Ford or TRD parts from Toyota with the exception of off road pipes that do not have cats.

would i have to get it from the dealership/ have them install it? or could I get it online and go to big al's because they offered that exhaust on an xb?