Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

240 guys help!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
True Customs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T Lowgun has disabled reputation
Default 240 guys help!

hey i got an exhaust ticket does anyone have a stock exhaust i can use to put on the car for a few photos or own a gold s14 that i can snap a few photos of the exhaust? need to get this asap i was going to try and replace the exhaust but found out its a bad idea with a sr20 swap. cop even said the exhaust isnt loud but he can tell its not stock so i need to change it. wasnt doing anything else wrong. got me for headlights also 6k hids already replaced them. only had the car for 5 months and it came with the hids and exhaust. i think im going to sell the car and get a harley to rev all over town. jk
Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: 240 guys help!

Originally Posted by T Lowgun
i was going to try and replace the exhaust but found out its a bad idea with a sr20 swap.
Whoever told you that was wrong, unless you have tons of aftermarket parts i.e. a significantly bigger turbo.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 AM
True Customs

well if i can find one in good shape ide probably put one on just hate to get rid of my hks has a great sound to it after the sr swap. not loud at all wish i had a decibel meter
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by T Lowgun
cop even said the exhaust isnt loud but he can tell its not stock so i need to change it.
I was pulled over and warned about my speed like 3 months ago. The cop was like that isn't the factory exhaust. I said I know the previous owner put it on. He asked why, I said I had no idea. He said ok have a nice night. Dude never said anything about changing it.

If F series trucks can get lifted and put those fucking obnoxious exhausts on, I should be free to do the same. My exhaust is barely louder than stock.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:48 PM
True Customs

Originally Posted by TwistnBrn..Rubr
I was pulled over and warned about my speed like 3 months ago. The cop was like that isn't the factory exhaust. I said I know the previous owner put it on. He asked why, I said I had no idea. He said ok have a nice night. Dude never said anything about changing it.

If F series trucks can get lifted and put those fucking obnoxious exhausts on, I should be free to do the same. My exhaust is barely louder than stock.
yeah i gave this guy the same spill but he didnt buy it. even checked my registration date and saw ive only had it for a few months. i wish they would make the law to where if it isnt loud its ok to have.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of

What exhaust do you have on? I have a guy with a loud 240 in my neighborhood but its like a 3in DP back or atleast sounds like it.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

hell i has a buddy club GTspecII which is especially a straight pipe (no muffler/resonator) on my SR, it wasnt loud until i opened it up, and i didnt get pulled for exhaust 1 time. it could very well be that the massive, unnecessary mufflers on your exhausts are causing you to get tickets.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
True Customs

hks hi-power but i sold the car and yeah it wasnt loud
Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I have this picture...but it isn't stock either:

Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered member

foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz foatz

I had less trouble running the Isis straight 3in than running a Megan racing drift spec. I agree that a lot of times its the gigantic muffler that draws unwanted attention.

Quick Reply: 240 guys help!