Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag

Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag

I saw it the other day when I was leaving work, it was coming off the truck. Didn't get a close up look at it though.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fiziks
I'm gonna go see it tomorrow after school.. I need to get coolant anyways. I would really really like a 135i for a getting out of college car.

I can wish, can't I?
Nice shootin' the shit with you tonight. Love the 5 Series.

Originally Posted by Bee eM Cee
So Celeste is going bye bye?
For now, no. I'm doing research for now. She's pushing 60K on the odo and the warranty's expired. Nevertheless, she's in impeccable shape.

Originally Posted by p-stone
Nice writeup. Bet that carrier guy had to change his pants!
Thanks. His eyes were the size of ping pong balls.
Originally Posted by The Wok@Home
Way to go with your $42k 'entry level' performance car, BMW.
FAIL.

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
You DID say $42,000 MSRP right?. You are aware that for a mere $2,000-$3,000 more you can get a 335i Coupe right? Am I the only one that thinks that BMW has priced this thing out of its target market? If you could get a loaded 6-Speed with Boston Leather, Cold Weather Package, Logic7, Nav etc. for $35,000 I'd be tempted... There are plenty of other cars, new and used that I would rather have for $42,000. It's a nice car, just not $40K+ nice.
The 335i vert papers I drew up with Brett totaled $54k...soooo...this is like a discount and I like the One Series so much better. I paid $50k for Celeste and $40k for the 350Z vert.

Originally Posted by XCELR8
No.
Love you Brock, but....FAIL.

Originally Posted by WillSol
42K.... ummm no

FAIL.

I thought it was supposed to be cheap.
All the bells and whistles add up verrrrrrry quickly. That's where they get you. And I like my gadgets. I'm a picky bastard. I'll most likely build mine online and have it shipped over like I did with Celeste.

Originally Posted by The Wok@Home
FAIL. AGAIN.

Originally Posted by dave22
When it landed did it hit so hard those stupid stupid doorsills straghtened out?
FAIL. Go see it in person Dave. I think you'll change your tune.

Originally Posted by elambz
I saw it the other day when I was leaving work, it was coming off the truck. Didn't get a close up look at it though.
The black demo is usually parked right next to the revolving door ready to go for a test drive at a moment's notice.

Gentlemen, as much as you can bitch about how expensive they are, these little beasts are going to fly off the lots. I highly recommend going to see/drive it in person before you're so quick to post in haste. Only then will your opinion have substance. Nevertheless, regardless of what you posted constructive/FAIL, your comments and opinions are appreciated.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BillMW
Love you Brock, but....FAIL.
Bill,
All I'm trying to say is that for $42K, I'd rather spend a little bit more and get this little sweetheart right here:

Only with a red leather interior.

<3
Brock

Last edited by Brock Obama; 03-20-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Bill.............I spent quite a bit of time with the 1 Series in Detroit a few weeks back. To be honest.........I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I would take the vert 3 series TT over the 1 series. Now when and if a Tii version comes out, that may change my mind. What do I know.....I drive a GM product that I tow with a Toyota. ;-)
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Bill,
All I'm trying to say is that for $42K, I'd rather spend a little bit more and get this little sweetheart right here:

Only with a red leather interior.

<3
Brock
i want a white or a black one. thank you!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

For those wondering about the 1 Series being the "cheap" car, it is the 128i that you're thinking about. They start less than $30k. The 135i is the top end of the 1 Series. BMW always puts the nicer models out first.

Anyway, thanks for the writeup Bill. I'd been considering trading the Scooper for a 135i.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:03 AM
cosmos metallic

mpow3r has disabled reputation

The 135i is the future of the their motorsport division, IMO. Light affordable tossible decent powered cars are where it is at. Not really straight line rockets like the new M3. Big fat monsters, a far cry from the E30 they came from. The 135i is a return to that train of thought and is imo a step in the right direction by bmw. I'd love one.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by mpow3r
The 135i is the future of the their motorsport division, IMO. Light affordable tossible decent powered cars are where it is at. Not really straight line rockets like the new M3. Big fat monsters, a far cry from the E30 they came from. The 135i is a return to that train of thought and is imo a step in the right direction by bmw. I\'d love one.
yeah if it was in the mid to high 30s fully loaded... like others have said -

42K puts it too close to its bigger brother... you figure and extra 3k is only about 40 bucks a month more in payments. ( I could be wrong just rough estimate on a 1k financed = 10 bucks a month plus taxes idea)
Old 03-21-2008, 05:46 AM
2-D
Formerly Suicide.

2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D

no pics? not even crappy cell phone ones?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:51 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by mpow3r
The 135i is the future of the their motorsport division, IMO. Light affordable tossible decent powered cars are where it is at. Not really straight line rockets like the new M3. Big fat monsters, a far cry from the E30 they came from. The 135i is a return to that train of thought and is imo a step in the right direction by bmw. I'd love one.
You're high.

And are you saying the M3 isn't a "handling" car? I can't wait to see all the new M3's at the dragstrip.

Quick Reply: The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag