Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

VW 1.9 AAZ (non-TDI) turbo diesel parts, 1.6NA intake and injector lines

Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWestmoreland81 has disabled reputation
Default VW 1.9 AAZ (non-TDI) turbo diesel parts, 1.6NA intake and injector lines

Name: Andrew
Means of contact: PM or this thread
Price: $ [50/each AAZ manifold; 115 turbo; 60/piston set (prices OBO, very negotiable on pistons due to wear), 35 NA manifold assy., + shipping

Description:

These parts are from an AAZ, canadian 1.9 VW non-TDI turbodiesel engine. I purchased the motor and parts with intent to assemble a stock motor, but the block had to be bored 0.5mm over, so decided to rebuild with bigger power goals in mind.
AAZ manifolds: Intake is clean and carbon/oil-free. Port sealing surface flat and clean. Includes Manifold elbow and intake turbo heat shield. Exhaust has no cracks and has flat clean flanges, but a little diesel soot is in the manifolds interior. No loose rust.
The Turbo: Borg-Warner KKK K03, with flange and housing geometry to correspond for mounting on an AAZ engine exclusively (AKA it's not like a VW 1.8T gasser K03). Compressor inlet I.D. of 35mm which tapers down to about 31-32 before compressor blades. 8 inducer blades; 4 large 4 small. Compressor outlet 27mm I.D. turbine inlet 34mm w/ unilaterally triangular flange w/ 55mm between stud holes. Turbine outlet 42mm I.D. tapering to 47mm @ flange. 11 symmetrical exducer blades. Internal waste gate, diaphragm actuated w/ 26mm diameter valve. Shaft has minimal radial play, no contact of blades w/ housings; spins freely. Oil inlet is 12mm x 1.0mm thread. Oil drain is 12mm diameter, with 2-bolt flange ,bolt spacing 38mm. Also I have the boot which goes from the compressor to the intake, as well as the Downpipe stub from the flange to mid-flex (torn at flex, so will need to fab rest of DP pre-flex section onward). ALso turbo needs a new wast egate actuator, as the original is stiff and only actuates slightly @ 19 LBS of pressure (turbo's stock boost limit is 8 PSI).
Finally the AAZ pistons: No rings or pins, just the pistons. Standard piston bore sizing of 79.48mm. Cleaned soot and oil off. Slight vertical wear marks on skirts but no loss of diameter as result. Some small scratches on first land as result of ring removal, but can be deburred with steel wool. This engine had about 270K miles, and it's crank timing belt sprocket was slightly loose, causing light valve marks in the pistons w/ depressions of no more than 0.9mm in pitted area on #1 intake valve area of contact. Obviously they're not perfect, but they are serviceable; just don't run under excessive boost/fueling.

These parts are off of a 1.6 NA diesel motor from an '81 Rabbit that is being replaced due to a cracked block.
1.6 NA diesel manifold: Cleaned inner filter box and intake runners of oil inside and out. Includes plastic filter box cover. Sorry but no intake snorkel, as that got misplaced. If I find it and it is sold already, I'll PM OB and send for no expense.
1.6NA diesel injector lines: Clean on the inner passages. Sealing flanges are ton damaged and will not leak. Slightly dirty on the outside w/ very light surface rust on lines and injector nuts.

Pictures:
AAZ intake

AAZ exhaust

K03 turbo

AAZ pistons

1.6NA intake

1.6NA injector lines

As stated, prices are OBO.
Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

Last edited by AWestmoreland81; 07-04-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: forgot to put VW in title