Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need in-person help with B20 timing belt...

Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
activelyShaftin is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need in-person help with B20 timing belt...

I'm doing the timing belt on my B20 swap and I can't figure out how to get the slack out between the camgears at cyl #1 TDC. I just cannot seem to hack it.

I'm in Newport News, VA. Anyone who could help me do this would be much appreciated; if you've successfully done a timing belt on an LS or B20, just send me a PM.

Good beer and chronic to anyone who comes out, and of course, you'll get to see a fully wire-tucked B20 swapped Integra come to life.

Last edited by activelyShaftin; 02-07-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: Need in-person help with B20 timing belt...

Originally Posted by activelyShaftin
I'm doing the timing belt on my B20 swap and I can't figure out how to get the slack out between the camgears at cyl #1 TDC. I just cannot seem to hack it.

I'm in Newport News, VA. Anyone who could help me do this would be much appreciated; if you've successfully done a timing belt on an LS or B20, just send me a PM.

Good beer and chronic to anyone who comes out, and of course, you'll get to see a fully wire-tucked B20 swapped Integra come to life.
Wish I could help. From what I know and heard you should be okay, once you tension the belt.

There is slack in the belt between the cam gears. I thought, this couldn’t be right. The first time I installed one, I thought there shouldn’t be this slack. I thought I’d take that slack out of the belt and go to the next tooth. I was WRONG. What I failed to realize was, this was correct and was just the rigging phase. I hadn’t actually adjusted the tension on the belt yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

activelyShaftin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need in-person help with B20 timing belt...

Yeah the problem is when i perform that procedure, I rotate the crank back to TDC and I still have the slack.
Over and over again.