Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Work apparel stores in/around Roanoke

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Work apparel stores in/around Roanoke

Lookin for a work apparel store in/around Roanoke... I'm tired of goin to Walmart and not findin what I'm lookin for... Mainly lookin for 2 new pairs of coveralls... Insulated and non-insulated... Also lookin for a decent work jacket... Preferably insulated as winter is approaching...
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Work apparel stores in/around Roanoke

The only places I know of to get actual work wear (I use Carhartt) is Super Shoes on Williamson Rd, and Tractor Supply out by Gander Mountain.

It is VERY hard for me to get my overalls (Black uninsulated in fatboy size) so I am constantly going to both those stores plus their counterparts in Christiansburg.

They both have a decent selection of insulated coveralls though.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Where is tractor supply? Thats down on the lower end of Salem towards elliston right?

I heard theres a good place to go down in Cburg but I can't remember the name...

I'm not big into Carhart... I'll stick to Dickies...
Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

No. Tractor Supply is near Gander Mountain, just like I said in my initial reply.

Dickies and Carhartt have both become way too mainstream for my tastes, but Carhartt is still a tougher product, at least for me they are.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
ERMAHGERD

kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss

carhart is really nice for the winter, i bought a jacket there for winter a few years back i love that jacket when its really cold. def will keep you warm and toasty.

for a charhart jacket doug
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

meh2012 has disabled reputation

Downtown vinton has an actual used work uniform shop. Its right across from bank of america it has "furniture" on the side of the building. Shirts are $2, pants are $3, and jackets are $5. Can't remember if they have coveralls, I think they do though
Old 11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
No. Tractor Supply is near Gander Mountain, just like I said in my initial reply.

Dickies and Carhartt have both become way too mainstream for my tastes, but Carhartt is still a tougher product, at least for me they are.
I must've read over that part... I'll have to ride out that way this weekend...

Originally Posted by meh2012
Downtown vinton has an actual used work uniform shop. Its right across from bank of america it has "furniture" on the side of the building. Shirts are $2, pants are $3, and jackets are $5. Can't remember if they have coveralls, I think they do though
I'll deff. have to check that out...