Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Window tint

Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StarCityKid has disabled reputation
Default Window tint

Looking for someone to tint my stangs windows in the nrv.

Also have a question, I want to order a set of smoked headlights. Will they pass inspection?? Will the cops give me hell??

Thanks
Old 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Window tint

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
Looking for someone to tint my stangs windows in the nrv.

Also have a question, I want to order a set of smoked headlights. Will they pass inspection?? Will the cops give me hell??

Thanks
Sun Solutions in Vinton. Life time warranty
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Since when did Vinton become part of the NRV ?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Headlights are up in the air. If d.o.t. approved, which I'm sure they are, then they will pass inspection. But when it comes to police and inspections, it's all up to the inspector and officers discretion.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

I used to have smoked headlights on my last two cars and i didn't get bothered at all by the cops around here.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

There are several threads in the recent past here on window tint in Roanoke/NRV.Good info in those.
As for the headlights,if they look reasonably stock,then I'd say you'll have no problems,even without a DOT number.If you're getting the 10 projector,fucktard ricer shit and putting them on a shitbox with tons of other retard stuff,then you'll probably get pulled over.Really dark tint will only add to the problem.
Chris
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

As far as the tint, depending on how dark you go. State troopers love dark windows. So my suggestion is to keep it as dark as legally allowed. Last time I was issued a summons the law was.. 50% on Driver and passenger Windows. 20% On rear driver and passenger windows. 10-15% on rear window. Not sure if this helps but thats the info I received. You also have to take into fact that some windows from the factory are slightly tinted for UV protection which after being tinted can drop you 50% tint on a meter down to 40% or lower. I have had that happen several times.

Last edited by Turblowedneon; 05-13-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:49 AM
cizko

wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I probably have some of the darkest windows in Roanoke. Mine are 5% on the sides and back. I've been pulled over once in the past 18 months with it.. by a really nice Roanoke cop on 460 who let me go with a warning and a speech about officer safety. I was pretty respectful about it and I think that has a lot to do with why he let me go. I think it has more to do with how you drive it, and where you drive it - as opposed to how it looks. My car is loud as fuck, but I generally drive like a grandma more than I should... so even though it's loud and obviously has illegal windows they generally give me a pass.

I stay off I-81.. that's probably par tof my success, too. I generally stay off 581 as well.. however I do take 581 when I'm trying to get to 460 to go out to my boys in Bote. I usually take back roads whenever just because it's my personal style. I think you could probably get away with it if you don't fuck around on Williamson/460 late at night.. and if you don't drive like a jackass.

Drive like a jackass and it's the first thing they can pop you for because they don't have to wait for you fuck up.

Most cops are not going to check your headlights for a DOT number.. half of them probably don't even know where to look. Most of the shops around here won't give you hell because you're a guy.. if they give you hell they'd more likely fuss at you if they were foggy - as opposed to them being illegal.. just because it's something they can make money off of. If you have problems getting an inspection, just PM me and I can certainly give you 3-4 shops I take it to when I want a sticker..