Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 05-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Western Off Topic

We get everything from a nationwide company, but they make two deliveries a day from Greensboro.

I've done the Redline concoction in a couple of the m3's we track prep and service, as well as those guys' street cars too lol.

The rotors are for Evo. Miata wears autostore white box specials, and they've done great, it's finally time to put a set of pads on the front of it and I debated replacing the rotors or not...but they're only like 16 a piece...

The ones I'm looking for for the Evo are similar, like a half a hair up from whitebox specials, and a little more $ just due to size comparitively. The regular cheapies can't handle the heat of slowing down all that fatassness of the evo compared to our smaller cars
Old 05-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
We get everything from a nationwide company, but they make two deliveries a day from Greensboro.

I've done the Redline concoction in a couple of the m3's we track prep and service, as well as those guys' street cars too lol.

The rotors are for Evo. Miata wears autostore white box specials, and they've done great, it's finally time to put a set of pads on the front of it and I debated replacing the rotors or not...but they're only like 16 a piece...

The ones I'm looking for for the Evo are similar, like a half a hair up from whitebox specials, and a little more $ just due to size comparitively. The regular cheapies can't handle the heat of slowing down all that fatassness of the evo compared to our smaller cars
I think I know the company you're speaking of I'll check their catalog today.
Would you release your recipe for BMW trannies?Last time I either used the Redline MTL or ATF,can't remember which.If there's a better option,I'm all for it.I just put a UUC Evo shifter in it,and it feels almost a little bit "grindy" when engaging each gear.I'm going to remove the delay valve and flush the fluid,since I haven't done either since I bought the car,and hopefully that'll help.If there's a better shifting fluid combo,that can only help.
I always replace the rotors when I replace the pads on the Civic.For the price you might as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Yes, both days. Let me see what I pay for it tomm, we have blue and yellow on the shelves at all times, and can have more same day. I'm actually going to check what we have available to us through that vendor. I can also usually get Redline stuff same day if i know before 11 btw if you ever need any(I use it in my trans[a concoction] and xfer).

I'm trying to find Centric brand rotors locally, oreilly's sposed to carry them but the dumbass's down the street from my work don't even know what I'm talking about, or care for that matter.
Look no further... we stock centric rotors. Let me know if you're interested!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Awesome! If you can beat 250 for all 4 for centric premiums (120.46064 & 120.46065, or 125.xxxxx) then get em for me and hit me up and I'll meet you.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Has anyone heard of any e85 stations opening near Roanoke? Pretty much every gas station in Roanoke is e10 now and it sucks.
E85 or 100% gasoline I say!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Closest one is wytheville, but I can get e95 for like 4.7 a gallon if I wanted, guaranteed 2%. Your stock DI system can't flow enough though..can it? BTW, we pretty much will never get it here, even though there is a huge storage tank of it very close by!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Closest one is wytheville, but I can get e95 for like 4.7 a gallon if I wanted, guaranteed 2%. Your stock DI system can't flow enough though..can it? BTW, we pretty much will never get it here, even though there is a huge storage tank of it very close by!
At 100% idk if it would flow enough, but I just want to try out like a 20-30% percent mix to take care of occasional timing corrections. My data logs look really good but I get occasional timing drops on cylinders 2 and 5. I think a little e85 would clean it up.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm poor!

New007 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
Has anyone heard of any e85 stations opening near Roanoke? Pretty much every gas station in Roanoke is e10 now and it sucks.
E85 or 100% gasoline I say!!!
Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want anything but pure gasoline?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

e85 has an octane rating of about 110 octane, it cools the combustion chamber when injected(even more so when used in a DI system,) and its CHEAP. The only problem with it is that it has less BTUs than regular gasoline, so more has to be injected to equal the power output. When tuned for it e85 is the next big thing in turbo cars. I would love to have an e85+meth tune and a 93+meth tune.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

ok, before i even start: yes i know, its dumb, dangerous etc.. etc...

Anyway, a coworker recently purchased a '12 RS3 mustang. So, today after work we went down to mexico to have a little fun.
The results suprised the crap outta me and i have to say i'm proud of my little 1er. From a 50mph roll the guy in the Roush jumped the gun a little bit and put my headlights even with his rear wheel but after that we were DEAD even for the whole pull.
The drive back from mexico is a long one so that one pull was all we got

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic