VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   Western Off Topic (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/western-off-topic-314600/)

Trunk Impaired 12-21-2011 04:38 PM

Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by The Nisbro (Post 7537042)
LOL big negative on the Ti. And you know ive always wanted a 1jz e36, that was just going to be my first step in that direction. oh well.

Sure do wish i could afford Benn's Turbo E30 :rolleyes:

Don't we all? :( If you want a jz-e36 then why bother with the one with the M3 swap? Just get some 318i for like 2 grand and get on with it. :D

The Nisbro 12-21-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7537060)
Don't we all? :( If you want a jz-e36 then why bother with the one with the M3 swap? Just get some 318i for like 2 grand and get on with it. :D

it doesnt have an M3 swap, and i needed it to be daily-able until i could afford to do the entire swap at once. I cant stand how slow 318's are, so thats why i wanted the 2.5.

Trunk Impaired 12-21-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Nisbro (Post 7537077)
it doesnt have an M3 swap, and i needed it to be daily-able until i could afford to do the entire swap at once. I cant stand how slow 318's are, so thats why i wanted the 2.5.

Then why the hell would he title the thread that and put an S50 valve cover on an M50? People these days. How could you say that 18 sec in the 1/4 is slow? :p

The Nisbro 12-21-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7537097)
Then why the hell would he title the thread that and put an S50 valve cover on an M50? People these days. How could you say that 18 sec in the 1/4 is slow? :p

he didnt do shit to the car, the P.O. did.

TNGChris 12-22-2011 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Nisbro (Post 7536969)
Why the hell cant people just be honest about a car they are selling?! Looks like i wont be buying an E36 after all. Fuck.

Because most people are selling complete pieces of shit.If they said they were pieces,nobody would buy them:)
I looked for over six months for my E36.They all were asking well maintained prices,but either needed all the standard E36 fixes,or claimed the car already had all the standard E36 fixes,but actually had none of them.

Cyanide Jello 12-24-2011 10:22 PM

My car is a POS... Sup?

But I'll take that same POS and beat the dog shit out of it any day of the week... Which reminds me, I'd love for someone to come over and help me w/ diagnosing this high idle issue.

Story: I usually only drive the car a couple days a week now. I drove it to go take my son to lunch (Vinton to Westlake and back). Didn't beat on the car or anything. Parked it for about a week or so, came out to take it for a spin and it just wants to idle high now, right around 1600rpms... Other than it setting for over a week, nothing was done to it.

NVER ENF 12-25-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 7541755)
My car is a POS... Sup?

But I'll take that same POS and beat the dog shit out of it any day of the week... Which reminds me, I'd love for someone to come over and help me w/ diagnosing this high idle issue.

Story: I usually only drive the car a couple days a week now. I drove it to go take my son to lunch (Vinton to Westlake and back). Didn't beat on the car or anything. Parked it for about a week or so, came out to take it for a spin and it just wants to idle high now, right around 1600rpms... Other than it setting for over a week, nothing was done to it.

Possibly a split in a vacuum line somewhere? :dunno:

TNGChris 12-25-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by NVER ENF (Post 7541890)

+1....The vacuum lines near hot shit tend to dry out and crack.Others tend to blow off under boost.I always wrap the ones near hot stuff,and zip tie/clamp them to the bungs.Having the wastegate line blow off at WOT is not good(25psi on stock bottom end?check!).
Does it do it all the time,when cold or warmed up?Coolant full?

The Nisbro 12-25-2011 09:54 AM

Merry Christmas yall.

Cyanide Jello 12-25-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by NVER ENF (Post 7541890)

Originally Posted by TNGChris (Post 7542023)
+1....The vacuum lines near hot shit tend to dry out and crack.Others tend to blow off under boost.I always wrap the ones near hot stuff,and zip tie/clamp them to the bungs.Having the wastegate line blow off at WOT is not good(25psi on stock bottom end?check!).
Does it do it all the time,when cold or warmed up?Coolant full?

I was kinda leaning towards this myself. I was out trying to diagnose it a little bit yesterday, didn't have time to check everything I wanted to. But I was pulling vac hoses and checking them one by one. I'll go back through them. I notice some of the ones around the waste gate and other hot spots felt dry and hard... May run by a local parts store and pic some new line up... But I know in the past, bad grounds have affected idle, coolant, gasket leaks but all that should be fine since all the gaskets were just replaced when the motor was built in April-ish... Coolant is fine, to the top and just as green as when it came out of the bottle. I thought maybe it was a blown head gasket. All tests check out, oil/coolant look fine. About the only thing I have left to completely go through is the vac lines, and thats what I'm leaning towards...