Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by DURHUR
A good friend of mine is a tech there,what do you want to know?You've still got my number don't you?Shoot me a text i'll give you his number.
I think I may have sombody that was a service writer I can talk to.At first I wasn't going to post details about it,but I really don't care.
I was brought a Pilot to work on that had been rejected for state inspection at Rick Woodson.It had one of their in-house inspection forms which cited a long list of things the car needed to pass inspection including brake pads and rotors that were worn past spec,engine mounts,etc....The brakes are literally brand new(I'd rate pads at 90%+ and rotors measured as new).The engine mount problem is complete bullshit(she was told there was a hydraulic mount that was torn and had leaked all fluid.The mount is completely intact,and is actually a standard style,non-hydraulic mount).The only legitimate issue that would cause the car to fail state inspection was an SRS light,which they wanted $90 for diagnostic to read the code.I'm pretty sure the SRS issue is related to a known problem that has a TSB to fix under warranty/good will.
Basically,I just want to know if this is their standard business practice,or if it's isolated to only certain writers/techs.She's undecided on if she wants to get the state police involved.if it were up to me there'd be no question.I know of situations like this in the past at other establishments that led to employees getting fired and loss of inspection licenses-that seems to be needed bigtime in this case.

I used to only dislike them because the newer guys in parts were dicks that had no sense of customer service and always charged me above retail for parts,I had no idea there was this kind of dishonesty though.
Worst part is this is a CPO car bought there less than a year before the failed inspection.

Take that info for what it's worth.I seriously doubt everybody there is aware/guilty of this kind of dishonesty(and I know it's common practice for dealer service to stick customers for everything they can),but this is rediculous.

Last edited by TNGChris; 07-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I think I may have sombody that was a service writer I can talk to.At first I wasn't going to post details about it,but I really don't care.
I was brought a Pilot to work on that had been rejected for state inspection at Rick Woodson.It had one of their in-house inspection forms which cited a long list of things the car needed to pass inspection including brake pads and rotors that were worn past spec,engine mounts,etc....The brakes are literally brand new(I'd rate pads at 90%+ and rotors measured as new).The engine mount problem is complete bullshit(she was told there was a hydraulic mount that was torn and had leaked all fluid.The mount is completely intact,and is actually a standard style,non-hydraulic mount).The only legitimate issue that would cause the car to fail state inspection was an SRS light,which they wanted $90 for diagnostic to read the code.I'm pretty sure the SRS issue is related to a known problem that has a TSB to fix under warranty/good will.
Basically,I just want to know if this is their standard business practice,or if it's isolated to only certain writers/techs.She's undecided on if she wants to get the state police involved.if it were up to me there'd be no question.I know of situations like this in the past at other establishments that led to employees getting fired and loss of inspection licenses-that seems to be needed bigtime in this case.

I used to only dislike them because the newer guys in parts were dicks that had no sense of customer service and always charged me above retail for parts,I had no idea there was this kind of dishonesty though.
Worst part is this is a CPO car bought there less than a year before the failed inspection.

Take that info for what it's worth.I seriously doubt everybody there is aware/guilty of this kind of dishonesty(and I know it's common practice for dealer service to stick customers for everything they can),but this is rediculous.
Honestly it doesn't suprise me.He doesn't have his inspection liscense,but he has told me multiple times before the head/master tech up there now is a total bag of dicks.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

You should see some of the crap we see from Crossroads/Hammersly/Whatever. Take it in for a checkup come out with a 4000 dollar estimate lol
Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
You should see some of the crap we see from Crossroads/Hammersly/Whatever. Take it in for a checkup come out with a 4000 dollar estimate lol
I heard you have dsm tuning experience...Do you have any safcII and gm maf-t experience?I need a tune something awful...16.5-17 afr aren't doing it for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

The forums will be closed this coming Saturday (July 30) for upgrades.

More details will be posted as they become available.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Oh,I don't doubt it.I know they try to find anything they can to make money,but trying to replace parts that are 100% in good working order just blows my mind.Hell,I bet they put the brakes on the car there before they put it up for sale.If you're going to go this route,you at least need to pick parts that have something going on with them that you could argue warrants replacing.

I guess I'm just amazed they'd take that kind of risk-I mean,what if the person does actually know what they're looking at and questions it,and pursues it further?When she told the service writer she'd like to have somebody else look at the issues before agreeing to get them fixed,they started backing up bigtime.He told her,among other bullshit,that they can only suggest to replace a part that appears to be worn based on what they can see with a flashlight.I don't need a flashlight to see that any of the listed issues(including pads that are listed on the inspection form as having less than 2/32" material left are,in fact,new)are definitely not issues.

Haha,I'm foaming here.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd like to see that entire dealership burn to the ground, honestly. I have very little tolerance for sketchy shit like that.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I'd like to see that entire dealership burn to the ground, honestly. I have very little tolerance for sketchy shit like that.
If every dealership that did stuff like this burned to the ground, there wouldn't be many left!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

If you're bringing your car to the dealership for work it's usually a sign that you have no clue what is wrong with your vehicle or why.

Service write up guys bring in the vast majority of money made by large "new car" dealership.

I've seen service write up guys sell repairs that reach or exceed the value of the car. Most new car dealers aim to break even on new car sales, their "sales" profits are from used cars and services/packages they offer on new/used cars. So they can be as crooked as the stereotypical used car salesmen. It's not really a big secret, it's just like the salesman at best buy telling you your television will have a better picture if you spend 100 dollars on the gold plated monster cables even though they're just a fancy version that performs no better than the 5 dollar versions.

As for getting your vehicle inspected, stick to independent shops, find some one you like/trust. Only reason you should be visiting the dealer is for warranty/recall work any way, going in for inspections is asking for problems, why do you think dealers offer free state inspections on every car they sell?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Letze
If you're bringing your car to the dealership for work it's usually a sign that you have no clue what is wrong with your vehicle or why.

Service write up guys bring in the vast majority of money made by large "new car" dealership.

I've seen service write up guys sell repairs that reach or exceed the value of the car. Most new car dealers aim to break even on new car sales, their "sales" profits are from used cars and services/packages they offer on new/used cars. So they can be as crooked as the stereotypical used car salesmen. It's not really a big secret, it's just like the salesman at best buy telling you your television will have a better picture if you spend 100 dollars on the gold plated monster cables even though they're just a fancy version that performs no better than the 5 dollar versions.

As for getting your vehicle inspected, stick to independent shops, find some one you like/trust. Only reason you should be visiting the dealer is for warranty/recall work any way, going in for inspections is asking for problems, why do you think dealers offer free state inspections on every car they sell?
None of this is news to me.I just can't believe how blatant they are with it in this case.Giving a customer an inspection sheet with completely falsified measurements of practically new pads is playing with fire.You'd think they'd at least keep it verbal so if confronted about it,at least it's your word against the customer's.Giving handwritten evidence seems pretty stupid.

She's got some stupid deal with buying the CPO car where she gets free oil changes/inspections,so just like plenty of other people,she's falling into that trap.They tried the same thing with my mom on both her CRVs she bought there.With every free oil change,they'd find all kinds of odds and ends that needed replacement(and happened to be non-warranty).Wiper blades that were bad(even though they just changed them three months before,etc....I finally convinced her to actually spend $20 on oil/filters and just let me do it.It's amazing what people will put up with to save a few dollars.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic