Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Well the SRT is gone...

Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Well the SRT is gone...

Well the SRT-4 chapter of my life has concluded. I traded it in and will be picking up my 03 Durango in the morning... The process of putting it back to stock over the last few weeks has reminded me of just how much I hated the damn thing... In addition driving in stock condition reminded me of how smooth and nice they drive stock.

I will continue to stay on here and give help wherever I can to srt owners, but I must say I'm glad to be done with it...

I'm probably going to wait awhile and get my CC completely paid off and a house bought before I starting looking at doing anything else though I am in the process of making the Honda a little more livable on a daily driver basis...

I'll post picks of my new tell tailgating machine tomorrow after I pick it up.

On a side note, I have a ATP downpipe with cat and race pipe, B&B 3" Exhaust, turbo timer and possibly a mopar short shifter left should anyone want to buy them they can hit me up on PM...

Last edited by srt4hokie; 10-24-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:45 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Well the SRT is gone...

What color Durango did you pick up?

I've had a quick thought go through my head about trading in for something else, but I really think I'd rather sell it outright first and then pick up a new car/truck. I'm not sure what I want, but I do know that I want to be able to pile a few people in comfortably, hit the road for a few hours.. maybe somewhat light audio and video for entertainment purposes. I had been looking at a lightly used E46 M3, and a lower end Mercedes C240 but neither are really what I want/need right now. What kind of specs does the Durango have? Leather? Heated seats? Gas mileage? The biggest thing to me is that if I buy something American, I'm going to have to drive it until the wheels fall off. With all of these rebates and dealer incentives, yes, they're cheaper to buy.. but that also drags the value down with it when you try to sell it. Also, what color did you pick up?

As far as closing that chapter of your life, that's kind of what I'm trying to do as well. After I get the house and get settled in, I'd like to build a real track car that I won't have to bother driving on the street. 6's or better. I almost don't feel like there's really a point in racing a daily driver or subjecting it to that abuse anymore.. I don't know what got into me.. I guess I just realized the hard way that it gets expensive when things break and it's not worth it!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

It’s deep molten red, or maroon ( I will be at the Tech game Thursday and I will be tailgating). It has taupe leather seats and every other option except heated seats. I wanted heated seats, but it was not a breaking point for me as it has every other thing I wanted including reasonable mileage and of coarse the color, which is hard to find in these things.

Gas mileage is something Durango owners try and not think about. It’s officially 13/18… but it runs off the cheap stuff.

I looked at a 05 Durango about a month ago while they were still doing the employee pricing but I could not get over how ugly they look, plus I did not want to spend that much money. My goal was to get something cheaper or around the same payment as the srt.

I doubt I will get another new vehicle ever again. It’s insane how much they drop in value in the first year and it’s that way regardless of whether the car is made in Japan, Germany, Italy or anywhere else.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

moooopar is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you trade at?
I'll keep my banner just for you.
got any stock tires?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Dominion
Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

You still have the Civic?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

What kind of Turbo timer is it? I need one. I'll get another harness if need-be (assuming you didn't hack up the original one). PM me and let me know!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

i think this thread has your name written all over it..... pansy

seriously though,, good luck with the durango... you gonna bring it to the next dyno meet we have? (if we have one)
Old 10-25-2005, 05:24 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats! Sounds like my boss's Durango...come to think of it, he hasn't driven it lately so perhaps it is They're not my cup of tea but they are nice and compared to his Expedition the gas mileage is great....as great as that can be I guess.

Think about all the room that thing has hahahahahaha...