Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Street Survival driver skill improvement event.May 29th,Roanoke Civic Center.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Street Survival driver skill improvement event.May 29th,Roanoke Civic Center.

After getting mod permission,I'm posting this here,as I don't think a lot of people regularly check the events section for something like this.

The Tarheel chapter BMW Car Club of America presents the first Street Survival event in Southwestern VA.Street Survival is a nonprofit organization that helps organize and fund driving skill improvement courses all over America for 16-21 year olds.The cost is $75 per student,and the course lasts from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.Lunch and refreshments are provided.

From the home site:
"The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its handling limits and how you can control them. The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.

It's about more than driving - it's about LIVING! The Tire Rack Street Survival® school is a safe teen program designed to go beyond today's required driver's education and give teens across the U.S. the driving tools and hands-on experience to become safer, smarter drivers. Trained and qualified in-car driving instructors as well as classroom experience for each student."

Please PM me with any questions,and help spread the word to anybody you may know who is within the age range.This is a great program-I wish there had been something like this when I was younger.
Check the link below to register.There is also a ton more info(as well as videos)on the program:
http://www.streetsurvival.org/
Thanks
Chris
Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
H House inc.

IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE
Default Re: Street Survival driver skill improvement event.May 29th,Roanoke Civic Center.

Sounds like a good idea. If only we could get the kids from Williamson rd. to go to it. Then I wouldn't have to cuss every one of them for running the stop sign in front of my house every weekend. I can dream can't I?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Street Survival driver skill improvement event.May 29th,Roanoke Civic Center.

I'd go to this if I were of age... I love driving classes... I'm takin a few offensive/defensive driving coarses...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by IM A JOKE
Sounds like a good idea. If only we could get the kids from Williamson rd. to go to it. Then I wouldn't have to cuss every one of them for running the stop sign in front of my house every weekend. I can dream can't I?
I know,it's a shame.They're the ones that could benefit the most from it,but are the last ones that would ever do it.
Chris