Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sticky threads vs. Active topics

Old 08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Sticky threads vs. Active topics

There are currently, prior to this thread, 6 stickies and 7 threads with activity in the last month that are displaying when I view this forum. Aside from the off topic and spotted threads, there's nothing going on in Western!?! What are the rest of you guys doing online? I literally feel like I've reached the internet seven times over. I never thought I'd feel that way EVER, but I've seen it all now!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:50 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Sticky threads vs. Active topics

Well how many active members of Western are there truly? If you look in the stickies I'd be willing to bet that 90% of recent contributions (let's say within the last 6 months) are made by less than 20 different people. I think it also has a lot to do with not having a major city in Western. Central has Richmond, 757 has VaBeach obviously, and NoVa has the entire DMV area. What do we have? Roanoke? Even on a good day not a whole hell of a lot happens on the western end of Virginia. I has a sad.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd disagree that not much happens in western VA.. Roanoke, specifically, even.

Do you ever watch the news? It's disheartening most of the time, but murders, robberies, etc are so common now that they're mentioned under their breath in between other news topics.. "in other news, a three year old was found in a dumpster this morning. police are investigating.. now to robin reed for the weather. how's it looking out there today robin?" I know what you're saying though. A lot of the news (though mostly bad) is irrelevant to discussion here, but there's plenty going on. There's enough going on to have more chatter that doesn't have to be summed up by an off topic thread IMO.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

See sig.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by DURHUR
See sig.
Well, nothing like attacking a problem with some blue sky thinking lol
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Western's live yo.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Virginia western rocks! I dropped out. :P

Um.... I've been to busy fooling with the Sol to worry about posting in here much. Gotta have the damn thing ready for VIR.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Theres like 10 people in this section, and even when there was more activity, it was all stupid fender rolling threads anyway. But hey, it's western. I'm surprised there's not more members from hburg really.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by JROW
Theres like 10 people in this section, and even when there was more activity, it was all stupid fender rolling threads anyway. But hey, it's western. I'm surprised there's not more members from hburg really.
Most people from Harrisonburg have been too stupid to figure out which regional section they belong to. I assume most of them were only there for school, but I've seen them posting in central many times.. lol.

The only reason it bothers me that it's dead is because a lot of people in this region have come and gone. We used to have quite a few active posters. We probably lost 30 members over the years, if not more.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

There are WAY more lurking in this forum. We need to get all the sad shitheads to sign up. People are afraid because it's hater central. We need to trick them, then hate...

Quick Reply: Sticky threads vs. Active topics