Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Starter question

Old 12-02-2004, 01:24 PM
bring ding ding ding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choodle has disabled reputation
Default Starter question

Alright, 2001 4.3 blah blah. Need to get to the starter, but its a bitch to get to. I've been trying my ass of for two days to short out the solenoid but my hands are too big to get in there and see what I'm doing. Any help on an easier way to do this?

Reason I'm doing this is, the truck wont start, at all. It clicks once and then nothing. So I'm thinking the solenoid might be stuck. I had it somewhere where it broke down and they said the motor was probably locked, but the truck had oil and wasn't overheating at all. The intake gasket is blown, but it should still start without trouble. I can tell the guys never even looked at it, so I'm thinking it's the starter. I gotta try everything before I consider it blown, I wanna sell the motor if its still good so I can afford the new one. I think the guys messed up the ignition switch to, cause when there is no key in, the shift light stays on, it makes a dinging noise as if the lights were still on, and a light that says "gate ajar" stays on constantly. That sensor shouldn't even be hooked up in my S-10, its a blazer option. Someone said that the gate ajar light might be something indicating alternator, but I think that would be under the check engine light, but I dont know. So damn confused!!!!!!!!

Been looking for a new engine, and I think I might have one picked out. Fastburn 385 ZZ4. 385hp and 385ft./lbs. of torque. Its purty. hehe. I wanna match it up with a Eaton limited slip and haven't decided on a tranny yet. Wont be done any time soon, but its something to dream about. Just gettin tired of limited 4.3 power. I'd be happy with 11-12 second passes in a street truck. That motor isn't quite gonna get me there, but it'll be a good start.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:34 PM
'bout time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Starter question

Joey has big hands too so I guess you're shit outta luck there...