Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

spring showdown 3

Old 03-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: spring showdown 3

I know Justin that runs the Spring Showdown. He puts on a good show. Granted, it's geared towards imports so there will be rice there, but there are also some nice cars there. I may have my 68 Camaro out there. A good friend of mine will have her 69 Firebird out there. Here is actually the one on the back side of the flyer, second one down.

They are actually getting a good number of older muscle cars coming out.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

ill try and come if i can get out of work.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:16 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
sorry there weren't a bunch of riced out Hondas there.this upcoming show should be right up your alley.
Chris
I have to agree with him, actually... I wasn't very impressed with much of what I saw Saturday night. Maybe I missed the majority of the nicer vehicles, but there wasn't much to see Saturday night.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I have to agree with him, actually... I wasn't very impressed with much of what I saw Saturday night. Maybe I missed the majority of the nicer vehicles, but there wasn't much to see Saturday night.
it was the same cars all weekend.did you go inside?did you go to both floors of the show?not much to show for sport compacts,but where else around here can you find as many nice street rods,hot rods and restorations at one show?nowhere i know of remotely close.

as for the leaky turbo Civic-i built that car. has the typical leaky head gasket at the front passenger corner,and a leaky cam seal.
the other Civic in the show was obviously not my style.every year i try to get some nice imports in the show,but nobody comes through.

i'd be surprised to see any super nice Hondas at the upcoming show either.nothing against the organizers of that show,but there just aren't many nice imports around here at all....mostly just wanna-be thugs with fart cans.
chris

Last edited by TNGChris; 03-13-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

it was the same cars all weekend.did you go inside?did you go to both floors of the show?not much to show for sport compacts,but where else around here can you find as many nice street rods,hot rods and restorations at one show?nowhere i know of remotely close.

as for the leaky turbo Civic-i built that car. has the typical leaky head gasket at the front passenger corner,and a leaky cam seal.
the other Civic in the show was obviously not my style.every year i try to get some nice imports in the show,but nobody comes through.

i'd be surprised to see any super nice Hondas at the upcoming show either.nothing against the organizers of that show,but there just aren't many nice imports around here at all....mostly just wanna-be thugs with fart cans.
chris
Of course I went inside. It was late Saturday evening so there was nothing outside that I knew of. As for the nice street rods and hot rods, there were a few, but if you looked close most of them weren't really show quality. Lots of terrible paintjobs.

There were a few cars there that deserved a pallet full of trophies.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Of course I went inside. It was late Saturday evening so there was nothing outside that I knew of. As for the nice street rods and hot rods, there were a few, but if you looked close most of them weren't really show quality. Lots of terrible paintjobs.

There were a few cars there that deserved a pallet full of trophies.
did you go to both floors?
i didn't mean to insult you by asking if you went inside,but lots of people come to the flea market outside,and assume that's the show.
Chris
Old 03-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

did you go to both floors?
i didn't mean to insult you by asking if you went inside,but lots of people come to the flea market outside,and assume that's the show.
Chris
Sadly, in Roanoke you could confuse a flea market for most of the car shows.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Sadly, in Roanoke you could confuse a flea market for most of the car shows.
i know

as soon as the gallery is up,i'll post pics of some of the cars from the show.magazine cover and feature cars,winners and placers from some of the biggest shows on the east coast,cars built by some big local and national names....i don't see how anybody could not be happy with the cars we had considering it was in Roanoke.
Chris
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of us are going up there next Saturday. It was decent turnout last year even with the rain
Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
RICED OUT HONDAS???? lmao.. so how do you figure I like rice??? i wanted to see some built engines, instead there was a civic turbo b18c leaking oil in there. and a fuckin Y7.
Sorry the Civic wasnt up to your standards,did you have anything in the show?

Quick Reply: spring showdown 3