Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Spraying oil :(

Old 02-01-2005, 04:18 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Spraying oil :(

proline should be able to make you the lines (or get the stuff from summit) and fittings also.

look into Earls lines.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Any idea where to get that stuff?
http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/diyparts.shtml - scroll down.. you'll see the fittings.

btw, Joey... I know you used to be looking for a GN. Well there is one for sale about 1 mile down the street from my parents house in blue ridge, the thing is pretty clean too.

Last edited by cootees; 02-01-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:07 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cootees
http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/diyparts.shtml - scroll down.. you'll see the fittings.

btw, Joey... I know you used to be looking for a GN. Well there is one for sale about 1 mile down the street from my parents house in blue ridge, the thing is pretty clean too.
Not to sound like more of an idiot than I already do...but I dont have a clue what sized fittings from that website I would need, or anything.

So far I'm GUESSING I'd need these so far:

3ft of SS-Hose
2 Straight hose ends
1 AN Male Flare Coupler
1 AN Male Flare T

and thats it?

I have no clue what size the senders are, and I havn't been able to find it written anywhere (not even the shop manual)

Someone help me out here?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

I don't know right off hand. Call the guys at diamondstarmotorsport.com and tell them you're scenario. They are nice guys and will help you out. If they don't know, then you're in trouble. However you may find some good luck over at sbr or rre.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by cootees
I don't know right off hand. Call the guys at diamondstarmotorsport.com and tell them you're scenario. They are nice guys and will help you out. If they don't know, then you're in trouble. However you may find some good luck over at sbr or rre.
yea RRE and SBR seem to be good shops, SBR seems to be better :-P
Old 02-01-2005, 09:04 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

3' of -4 line
2 -4 female ends, straight (or 90 for the one on the oil filter adaptor, all depending on clearance)
2 -4 flare to 1/8NPT adaptor (goes in place of the sender, hose attaches to it)

go to home depot in plumbing section, and get a brass 1/8" NPT T.

install the -4 to 1/8NPT fitting into the oil filter block. install both ends on the hose (electrical tape is your friend.....you will realize what i mean when you do this. SS hose is not the easiest to make or fit, but there are tricks. wrap the hose in tape before cutting, and leave it on there to keep the wires from unraveling.)

take the T and install the other -4 to 1/8NPT fitting in the center port, and the other senders in the other two ports. use thread sealant or tape. connect the ends of the hose to the T block and oil filter housing, be gentile with the fittings.

route the hose and secure with wire ties or such. extend the wiring to the senders and start and check for leaks.

BTW, ProLine in roanoke sells all of these things needed....
Old 02-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by fc735
3' of -4 line
2 -4 female ends, straight (or 90 for the one on the oil filter adaptor, all depending on clearance)
2 -4 flare to 1/8NPT adaptor (goes in place of the sender, hose attaches to it)

go to home depot in plumbing section, and get a brass 1/8" NPT T.

install the -4 to 1/8NPT fitting into the oil filter block. install both ends on the hose (electrical tape is your friend.....you will realize what i mean when you do this. SS hose is not the easiest to make or fit, but there are tricks. wrap the hose in tape before cutting, and leave it on there to keep the wires from unraveling.)

take the T and install the other -4 to 1/8NPT fitting in the center port, and the other senders in the other two ports. use thread sealant or tape. connect the ends of the hose to the T block and oil filter housing, be gentile with the fittings.

route the hose and secure with wire ties or such. extend the wiring to the senders and start and check for leaks.

BTW, ProLine in roanoke sells all of these things needed....

sweet thanks!

Your gonna laugh at my misfortune of today/night's event...

Same occurance as last time except this time was more of a bitch as I used red lock tight on the threads (since I saw that was used in the last threads). I had been driving my car for a total of no more than 30 minutes (not non stop) and well I drove 15min away from home heading off to a service call when I noticed a light blink on, on my dash that has never came on before....yep the oil light...luckily I was able to pull into a gas station parking lot, got a friend to come take me back home to get my floor jack, jacked up the car, removed the left over thread a-fucking-gain and this time removed the stock sender from the t fitting and put it back where it should have been. Sucked bad cause it sprayed even MORE oil in even more places than the first time, I'm going to have to wake up bright and early and wash my car to get all the oil off the side of the paint, and even the windows, and then I'm gonna have fun washing out that engine bay *sigh*
Old 02-02-2005, 03:56 AM
The Pro to call.

Berkebile 2+2 Gum Cutter. you can get it at NAPA. use it intead of gunk.

very flammable though, dont do it on a hot engine. and use a blowgun to blow the remainder off, or let it dry good.

you will be amazed