VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   So I was accepted to be an deputy…(After all the tests) (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/so-i-accepted-deputy%85-after-all-tests-280609/)

AMDxp2000 03-09-2009 01:50 AM

So I was accepted to be an deputy…(After all the tests)

Now the question is after reviewing the paper work I was sent..

Were can I find the height/weight chart they will be based off of.. ( I am 5,10 280)

And were can I find information on this agility course....Seeing as no one knows what there version of an Gun Drill Is?

Just a little nervous been dabbling in the idea of law enforcement since I hurt my back at commycast in blue ridge and this is my opportunity to follow through with it

Any info would be great...

AMDxp2000 03-09-2009 02:07 AM

Re: So I was accepted to be an deputy…(After all the tests)

Well found an page from the City stating 5'10 is 155-198

Who wants to go running with me :) lol

SVTParatrooper 03-09-2009 10:00 AM

I wonder if they will "tape" you since you don't meet the height and weight standards. When I was in the Army I never made the Height and Weight Standards. I was 6'2" 230 pounds and IIRC was suppose to be 195 pounds by the H/W chart. I haven't been under 200 pounds for 15 years. So every month they would weigh me in and I would fail. Then I would be "taped", measured my neck, and waist, to come up with my Body Fat Percentage. My BFP was always under the max standard for my height, so I was good to go. Some people are just built different. Good Luck

Cosmo 03-09-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000 (Post 5061656)
Well found an page from the City stating 5'10 is 155-198

Who wants to go running with me :) lol

Want to come to the RAC with me? I'm going three or four times a week right now. I'm still fat, but I'm working on it...

AMDxp2000 03-09-2009 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 5062880)
Want to come to the RAC with me? I'm going three or four times a week right now. I'm still fat, but I'm working on it...

I failed the body mass crao by 2% I got to run this test in 3 minutes so I need all the help I can get..I havent done anything phsyical since i was let go at comcastic!

I see this as an career turning point and perhaps my start to law enforcment...Seeing as cable sucks

I got nothing but free time...so PM me and I'll meet up with you..btw how much is guests ?

Tonka Toy 03-09-2009 06:09 PM

Here is the description of the obstacle course that I had to do for Virginia Beach

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnext...extfmt=default

Heiss M3 03-09-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000 (Post 5064106)
I failed the body mass crao by 2% I got to run this test in 3 minutes so I need all the help I can get..I havent done anything phsyical since i was let go at comcastic!

I see this as an career turning point and perhaps my start to law enforcment...Seeing as cable sucks

I got nothing but free time...so PM me and I'll meet up with you..btw how much is guests ?

So,
If you're a deputy after all this, does that mean you can tell the other officers to back off on certain people and to let them slide? :D

City or County police?

Cosmo 03-10-2009 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000 (Post 5064106)

I get one free pass per person per month. My wife gets one too, so we can let you go twice for free. I'm not sure if there is just a guest charge or not. I'll look into it.

Letze 03-10-2009 09:03 AM

Hah, good luck Gary, I need to get excercizing for the rally season I might give you a call

The Nisbro 03-10-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Letze (Post 5066443)
Hah, good luck Gary, I need to get excercizing for the rally season I might give you a call

punch yourself in the throat dev...do it