Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The Park

Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Park

I've been to the park several times.

Facts:

-Yes, there is a large homosexual community, but I've never been "bothered" by them. They can tell you're straight by the way that you carry yourself, and they do not "bother" you. The closest "call" I've had was a young guy walked up to me and said "You and your friend are straight aren't you? I just wanted to say you guys are fucking sexy." I got a laugh out of it, it didn't bother me whatsoever. In fact, I've encountered better looking, classier girls, than what most night-life has to offer there. I've heard the following multiple times: "I like it there because there's not a 100 to 1 ratio of horny douchebags to girls trying to grope me and not leaving me alone." I've "heard" there's some sketchy shit downstairs at the park, but out of the few times I've been, I've never seen stairs, so I couldn't tell you about what goes on somewhere I've never been.

-The best music, lighting, and special effects in Roanoke are there BY FAR, no competition whatsoever. I do love electronic music, if you do not, the park isn't for you.

-It's the closest thing to a real night club Roanoke has to offer. The metro would be ranked higher than the park if the upstairs weren't a 10x10 ft square. I do like metro's atmosphere, lighting, and general crowd... but the park's electronic music is much better.

Corned beef is a joke, and the prime example of why I say most of Roanoke is trashy. 202 was nice when it opened, and 90% of people were more of an upscale crowd, now it's fucking hood downstairs, little mexico upstairs, and sucks all around. Cornerstone is an okay place sometimes, again, just too small. If I'm gonig downtown on saturday night, usually it'll be metro, I'll gladly pay double for alcohol not to have to deal with 900 meatheads in TAPOUT t-shirts bumping into one another and having staring contests... and actually, I'd prefer to be around 900 flaming faggots at the park rather than that bullshit.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Oh, so you mean a gay bar called the park, not the park outside with grass and dogs and basketball courts and shit?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
holy christ this is the gayest fucking thread ever created.
Close...

Originally Posted by LLama

Facts:

-Yes, there is a large homosexual community, but I've never been "bothered" by them. They can tell you're straight by the way that you carry yourself, and they do not "bother" you. The closest "call" I've had was a young guy walked up to me and said "You and your friend are straight aren't you? I just wanted to say you guys are fucking sexy." I got a laugh out of it, it didn't bother me whatsoever. In fact, I've encountered better looking, classier girls, than what most night-life has to offer there. I've heard the following multiple times: "I like it there because there's not a 100 to 1 ratio of horny douchebags to girls trying to grope me and not leaving me alone." I've "heard" there's some sketchy shit downstairs at the park, but out of the few times I've been, I've never seen stairs, so I couldn't tell you about what goes on somewhere I've never been.

-The best music, lighting, and special effects in Roanoke are there BY FAR, no competition whatsoever. I do love electronic music, if you do not, the park isn't for you.

-It's the closest thing to a real night club Roanoke has to offer. The metro would be ranked higher than the park if the upstairs weren't a 10x10 ft square. I do like metro's atmosphere, lighting, and general crowd... but the park's electronic music is much better.

Corned beef is a joke, and the prime example of why I say most of Roanoke is trashy. 202 was nice when it opened, and 90% of people were more of an upscale crowd, now it's fucking hood downstairs, little mexico upstairs, and sucks all around. Cornerstone is an okay place sometimes, again, just too small. If I'm gonig downtown on saturday night, usually it'll be metro, I'll gladly pay double for alcohol not to have to deal with 900 meatheads in TAPOUT t-shirts bumping into one another and having staring contests... and actually, I'd prefer to be around 900 flaming faggots at the park rather than that bullshit.
Ding ding ding! You pretty much summed it up for me...

Originally Posted by JROW
Oh, so you mean a gay bar called the park, not the park outside with grass and dogs and basketball courts and shit?
We can tell you're not from Noke lol...

I'm down to go! When we goin?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

teh llama is %100 on it. I have been to the park before as well and yes while its the closest thing roanoke can call a nightclub it doesnt hold a candle to clubs in miami or chicago. I prefer metro though.

For you people who travel. Go to Sound Bar in ChiTown. Its worth whatever cover you have to pay to get in.

And Llama. This thread was not sirius until you posted LOL.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by LLama

Facts:

Another fact:

Probably 10% of the people that go to the Park any more are homosexual. I have some very good friends who are homosexual, and they tell me that there is a new place they all hang out. That the Park was becoming too mainstream.

I've been there several times myself (although not in the last few years), and it's pretty much all straight rednecks there these days....
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

VaDriven meet at the park? This would probably end in disaster... or hilarity.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Lv2 Turn
VaDriven meet at the park? This would probably end in disaster... or hilarity.
Lol I can't imagine a driven meet at the park... Besides, we'd have to find somewhere else to park... The parking lot isn't exactly lowered car friendly... Atleast it wasn't when I had my s10 slammed... I thought I busted my oil pan a couple times goin down there with the ex... Theres a stump down on the backside and theres big chunks of concrete all over the place...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Quick Image

AceTransAm02 will become famous soon enoughAceTransAm02 will become famous soon enough

I've yet to go to the park, But listening to you guys talk about it has actually caught my interest, especially after llama hit the nail on the head with the Cornedbeef comments (it irritates me when someone even mentions goin there).

So yeah back to the point I'm game Casey lets do this shit...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Zerofucksgiven

So whos goin and when?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lv2 Turn

And Llama. This thread was not sirius until you posted LOL.
That's ironic.

Quick Reply: The Park