Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

new to area and dont know any shops

Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
siriusly has disabled reputation
Default new to area and dont know any shops

my friends 350z window will not work. he put it down and now it wont go back up. is there a place around the virginia tech area that can help my friend?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Society is a Drag.

NiceNloW has disabled reputation
Default Re: new to area and dont know any shops

lots of lil mechanic shops around, but no "import shops" unless you go to WEGOFAST in Salem
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by NiceNloW
lots of lil mechanic shops around, but no "import shops" unless you go to WEGOFAST in Salem
they's closed.
chris
Old 09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Sounds like a dealership could help you out, his warranty still valid?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

siriusly has disabled reputation

probably not, is there no other place he can go?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:28 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by siriusly
probably not, is there no other place he can go?
in Blacksburg area, i would go to New River Nissan (Mike Fox is the shop foreman, and is VERY good. i would have work done there by him). i am not going to recommend any other shop in the area due to the complexity of the window system on those cars. they are not simple switches, they are controlled through the window control unit (in the master switch) and also ran through the BCM.

there are two places in this area that are tooled to handle a job like this, NRN is one, and i think i know where the other is

Originally Posted by NiceNloW
uh, not any more.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
they's closed.
chris
like every other "tuner shop" in this area. gotta love a dead market fed by incompetent entrepreneurs.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I would take it to the dealer myself. I could prob. help out with any parts needed. I work at First Team.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
like every other "tuner shop" in this area. gotta love a dead market fed by incompetent entrepreneurs.
Ouch..

I talked to one of the owners, think it didn't work out because of disagreement between the two owners, but I don't know the situation other than that.

That kinda thing doesn't usually work out, especially if friends from the getgo..
Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by sidewaysfox
Yeah, I would take it to the dealer myself. I could prob. help out with any parts needed. I work at First Team.

damn.....i am sorry to hear that. Jerry (i think...dont remember that far back) still the subaru sales manager? they really hate me there. apparently, they didnt know of the tires needed on the WRX's, and i was the first, and last, one to get the tires for life deal on them.

98% of the people there are complete douches, dont even get me started on the VW side of it either! i dont see how it is that hard to work on the TDi's, but apparently there have been some hacks in that shop.

Originally Posted by GaRn
Ouch..

I talked to one of the owners, think it didn't work out because of disagreement between the two owners, but I don't know the situation other than that.

That kinda thing doesn't usually work out, especially if friends from the getgo..
bottom line is to keep business business. dont run a business like its your own personal piggy bank/toybox either. every single shop i have seen that did speed work around here had serious issues due to lack of managerial skill, technical aptitude, and customer relations problems.

granted, i can piss someone off in a bad way, but there is a time and a place for it.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

QUICKTA is an unknown quantity at this point

who are you talking abuot when you say, apparently there have been some hacks in that shop.

Quick Reply: new to area and dont know any shops