Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need help from the Honda Guys

Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default Need help from the Honda Guys

OK guys... need a little help here as I am Honda stupid. (at least I admit it). Actually the help is for a friend. He has a 91 ef hatch with a SOHC 1.6 V-Tec and he has recently taken the head off and bought a stage 2 Crower cam and titanium springs and retainers. He was advised to degree in the cam using a degree wheel. Is this really necessary? I am just trying to help him out. He would ask himself but he is not a member on here.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Honda

OQOQOQO has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need help from the Honda Guys

PM TNGChris.....he may know
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by OQOQOQO
PM TNGChris.....he may know
Thank ya darlin!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Hope he has some type of EM, or it will run like crap if at all.... But I don't think you need to degree the cam, not a B, D-series guy though
Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

It's definitely not necesary,but it couldn't hurt.It seems like a lot of the aftermarket cams don't have the gear keyway machined exactly where it needs to be.If he had the head decked,it's going to be a little off also.Ultimately though,it needs to be tuned,and the tuner will adjust the cam timing anyway.As said above,it needs some kind of management to get any benefit.
I don't know the cam specs,but since the head is off anyway,I'd clay it to make sure there's no interference issues.
Chris
Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by TNGChris
It's definitely not necesary,but it couldn't hurt.It seems like a lot of the aftermarket cams don't have the gear keyway machined exactly where it needs to be.If he had the head decked,it's going to be a little off also.Ultimately though,it needs to be tuned,and the tuner will adjust the cam timing anyway.As said above,it needs some kind of management to get any benefit.
I don't know the cam specs,but since the head is off anyway,I'd clay it to make sure there's no interference issues.
Chris
Thanks Chris! I'll pass it along to him!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Heres the thing...You will have two cars that are identical to one another mod for mod. One of them will run faster because of attention to detail such as cam degree.
Another thing to consider is...Both cams were ground on different machines and two different people set the machine up. Although the keyway is there...chances are that those cams are off from one another even if it's .005*...Which makes a huge difference when going fo maximum output.
I would degree the cam...with the motor out of the car.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
Heres the thing...You will have two cars that are identical to one another mod for mod. One of them will run faster because of attention to detail such as cam degree.
Another thing to consider is...Both cams were ground on different machines and two different people set the machine up. Although the keyway is there...chances are that those cams are off from one another even if it's .005*...Which makes a huge difference when going fo maximum output.
I would degree the cam...with the motor out of the car.
That's what I said.
Once the car's on the dyno,the tuner will play with the cam timing anyway to get the most power and/or move the curve around,so it's not absolutely necesary in this case.If this weren't an OHC engine with such easily adjustable cam timing,I'd say it definitely needs to be degreed.
Chris
Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Yeah...I went back and read your post after I posted this.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Boostedb20vtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Chris
agreed