Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need to find cheap car trailer or rent one...

Old 12-25-2010, 07:16 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Need to find cheap car trailer or rent one...

Got a Drift Nirvana Clinic on Feb 27th to hit up and am hitting all the other DN events this year, so I'm in bad need of a car trailer. Anybody heard of any good deals, or any good experience renting one anywhere???
Old 12-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need to find cheap car trailer or rent one...

Put it in the back of the pickup.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:23 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Put it in the back of the pickup.
Hahaha sideways with wide load flags, lol
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Best thing to do is look for a used trailer.The U-Haul rental car haulers are heavy and don't work well with a lowered car.I've used their dollys with some success.New trailers have really gotten expensive with steel prices going up in the past couple years(We used to sell 16' car haulers for $1,500.They're now $2,400).
If you're going to be using it that much in just one year(and of course probably even moreso in coming years),you need to just go ahead and buy something decent,be it new or used.I've seen decent to nice used car haulers go in the $1,000-$1,500 range when there's any available.If you want,come by Anchor sometime and I'll get you a price on some of the other trailers we can get but don't carry- last I checked we did have some models that were less expensive,but we'd have to order it.
Chris
Old 12-26-2010, 12:38 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Best thing to do is look for a used trailer.The U-Haul rental car haulers are heavy and don't work well with a lowered car.I've used their dollys with some success.New trailers have really gotten expensive with steel prices going up in the past couple years(We used to sell 16' car haulers for $1,500.They're now $2,400).
If you're going to be using it that much in just one year(and of course probably even moreso in coming years),you need to just go ahead and buy something decent,be it new or used.I've seen decent to nice used car haulers go in the $1,000-$1,500 range when there's any available.If you want,come by Anchor sometime and I'll get you a price on some of the other trailers we can get but don't carry- last I checked we did have some models that were less expensive,but we'd have to order it.
Chris
Thanks man...I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet a get something soon. I'll definitely get my use out of it...
Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Thanks man...I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet a get something soon. I'll definitely get my use out of it...
get a 3 car trailer so we can all get some use out of it
Old 12-26-2010, 02:22 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
get a 3 car trailer so we can all get some use out of it
Hahaha no problem! Those are super inexpensive!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:55 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

craigslist ftw
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
craigslist ftw
I found ones from 1200-1500, but they've all been junk so far, dammit
Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

co9ff has disabled reputation

I will be at some of the DN events this year. They are always a good time, and there are some really talented drivers there. I have never participated but watched and gone on a few ride alongs. Craigslisit is going to be your best bet for the trailer, but I would look to spend around $1500-$2000 for one that is not falling apart.

I did see this one though, but I cant be to sure of the condition
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/grd/2157587914.html

Last edited by co9ff; 01-14-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Need to find cheap car trailer or rent one...