Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

To my friends in Roanoke, here is my new setup and dyno!

Old 01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmhondadealer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To my friends in Roanoke, here is my new setup and dyno!

kick ass rick.. Haven't seen the ole black Si lately.. I bought a 2000 civic hatch turning into drag car.. K20a2 swap all internals and bolt ons, but im debating the turbonetics T66, or the Precision SC61.. I'll post pics of my progress.. my personal completion date is atleast one week before drag season starts back up at Maryland International Raceway.. keep representin honda Rick, you'll be aiight give me a shout sometime tho haven't seen your ass in a while.. didn't get in touch with me when you came in for christmas... 540-467-0928 take care man
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

1slocolt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hybrid_vtec
I miss Roanoke, CA sucks! Im posting pics soon.

srt4hokie,

I like turbo, but I love allmotor far much more and to me its not all about drag racing, I love autocross and roadcourse. Like I said turbos are cool, but you cant beat the sound of big cams(lumpy ).
You can beat the sound of big cams with big cams and a turbo.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 1slocolt
You can beat the sound of big cams with big cams and a turbo.

In a world where everyone goes Turbo and Vtec, I take the path less choosen to just to be different and prove a point that you dont have to follow everyone else in the honda world to be fast! Also I plan on autocrossing and roadracing.

Im not knocking turbo, I just want to do something different!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Skinny White Kid

racinGSRstyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
It does provide a great demonstration of how important good tuning is, but it leaves me wondering how people do N/A 4cyl project cars. You have a huge shopping list of parts that simply don't equate too much HP/TQ when compared to what can me accomplished with a nice hair dryer.

I'm not knocking what you have done, those numbers in a light HB would be nice and if it's what you want to do then more power to you.

Just my .2
his motor is a non-vtec motor, hence the lesser hp/tq numbers. he made a bit more whp than a stock b18c5 (type-r) motor, which is fairly impressive if you know something about the b18b motor he is using.

congrats on the recent receipt of your car. nice #'s for a b!, not too many folks do much with that motor other than forced induction.

but i agree, i think a well put together turbo setup outdoes most of the N/A applications out there, especially in 4-cylinder cars. it's just not everyones cup of tea
Old 01-25-2005, 10:08 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by racinGSRstyle
his motor is a non-vtec motor, hence the lesser hp/tq numbers. he made a bit more whp than a stock b18c5 (type-r) motor, which is fairly impressive if you know something about the b18b motor he is using.

congrats on the recent receipt of your car. nice #'s for a b!, not too many folks do much with that motor other than forced induction.

but i agree, i think a well put together turbo setup outdoes most of the N/A applications out there, especially in 4-cylinder cars. it's just not everyones cup of tea
I second that opinion. I like those #'s on that motor. Lots of hard work and dyno time at that heh.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM

scironzts is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too shabby, man. Good job!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:06 AM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the one Big ? is How much $$$$ is in that set up? But I tend to agree with Srt, I love All motor Hondas always have but I have never been in one that just floored me with its power band Hondas are very PEAKY at best just looking at your Dyno I can see it. Not kicking you around by any means its just the things I have learned about Hondas in last 7+ years .. Very nice numbers I just hope you dont have alot of cash into it.. OF course any honda with 200+ Hp has no traction...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IntegraXSi
I think the one Big ? is How much $$$$ is in that set up? But I tend to agree with Srt, I love All motor Hondas always have but I have never been in one that just floored me with its power band Hondas are very PEAKY at best just looking at your Dyno I can see it. Not kicking you around by any means its just the things I have learned about Hondas in last 7+ years .. Very nice numbers I just hope you dont have alot of cash into it.. OF course any honda with 200+ Hp has no traction...
not really, if you look at this torque curve, its pretty damn good for a 4 cyl!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by IntegraXSi
I only have $2500 into the entire build, including the transmission.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:15 PM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hybrid_vtec
I only have $2500 into the entire build, including the transmission.
Thats a good deal.... 2500 for that set up I would take it

Quick Reply: To my friends in Roanoke, here is my new setup and dyno!