Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Mount & Balance in Roanoke/Salem area

Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flynlow has disabled reputation
Default Mount & Balance in Roanoke/Salem area

I need a shop to mount a set of 18 inch tires for me. I've been quoted $13-40 per tire in various places. I don't want someone inexperienced with faulty equipment to scratch up the wheels nor do I plan on paying $160 for the service. Any of you guys have a place you trust to go to?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Mount & Balance in Roanoke/Salem area

Go talk to Scott at Firestone Tanglewood.They have the newest Hunter machines available,and they have some guys who are good at using them.I think they charge around $15 or so per wheel.
I used to have White Tire mount tires for me,but I haven't dealt with them in a while.They charged around $100 for the set,which is a lot,but if you're concerned about the wheels it's not much.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Go talk to Scott at Firestone Tanglewood.They have the newest Hunter machines available,and they have some guys who are good at using them.I think they charge around $15 or so per wheel.
I used to have White Tire mount tires for me,but I haven't dealt with them in a while.They charged around $100 for the set,which is a lot,but if you're concerned about the wheels it's not much.
Scott was the first person I called. They don't mount aftermarket wheels anymore due to an incident with a customer's vehicle.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Quality on 12th street nw.

It is the most ghetto place you've ever seen but chris does top notch service out of that little shop.He's used to mounting 22's and 24's,so 18's are no problem.He has mounted multiple sets of tires on some pretty damn expensive wheels for me and never left a scratch on them even when the stretch was rediculous and they barely fit..He is also very resonable.

(540) 342-8438 ask to speak to chris.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Quality on 12th street nw.

It is the most ghetto place you've ever seen but chris does top notch service out of that little shop.He's used to mounting 22's and 24's,so 18's are no problem.He has mounted multiple sets of tires on some pretty damn expensive wheels for me and never left a scratch on them even when the stretch was rediculous and they barely fit..He is also very resonable.

(540) 342-8438 ask to speak to chris.
I will give him a call tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by flynlow
Scott was the first person I called. They don't mount aftermarket wheels anymore due to an incident with a customer's vehicle.
Must have been very recent because they mount/balance/aligned mine.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I've used white tire in salem in the past. Quit going there after they mounted a new set of tires on my old civic and forgot to put air in one of them.

I've been using Firestone at Oak Grove Plaza for the last couple years with good luck.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Must have been very recent because they mount/balance/aligned mine.
Did you buy the tires from them?I think that may play into it also.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quality wants $30 a tire for 18s. Do they really cost that much now? I used to go to Jason and Carlos at white tire in Salem a few years ago and it's never been over 65-70 for a set of 17s or 18s. They did however mount one of my tires backwards but took care of the problem right away.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Did you buy the tires from them?I think that may play into it also.
Nope.... got the tires online

Quick Reply: Mount & Balance in Roanoke/Salem area