Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for some people and places to four wheel with.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh
Default Looking for some people and places to four wheel with.

I just moved into my apartment at Radford and need to meet up with some people to go four wheeling with.

I only know of a few spots up here, and I'm sure there's tons more.

I have a samurai on 33''s and a couple buddies with broncos and jeeps.

list some places or if yall plan on hitting some trails let me know.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Looking for some people and places to four wheel with.

Originally Posted by catfSSh
I just moved into my apartment at Radford and need to meet up with some people to go four wheeling with.

I only know of a few spots up here, and I'm sure there's tons more.

I have a samurai on 33''s and a couple buddies with broncos and jeeps.

list some places or if yall plan on hitting some trails let me know.
I just picked up a Land Cruiser las Friday that I plan to wheel. I got it as a daily for school but I hope to put it to use. I just ordered some ~34"s for it it so they should be on within a week. It also has a rear locker, so it should do alright on most the trails around here.

Pots is a popular trail

Bobcat is also a fun/great trail near VT. Here are some pics when I took my 4runner there and met up with some other buddies.

Phil's 4runner going down this giant rut:

And my old taco next to the 4runner it dwarfed the 4runner!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I just picked up a Land Cruiser las Friday that I plan to wheel. I got it as a daily for school but I hope to put it to use. I just ordered some ~34"s for it it so they should be on within a week. It also has a rear locker, so it should do alright on most the trails around here.

Pots is a popular trail

Bobcat is also a fun/great trail near VT. Here are some pics when I took my 4runner there and met up with some other buddies.
Ya some of my buddies have been on bobcat but I've never seen it. It seems like a popular trail for people at RU.

Trucks look good too

Has anyone been to Lake View trail?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by catfSSh
Ya some of my buddies have been on bobcat but I've never seen it. It seems like a popular trail for people at RU.

Trucks look good too

Has anyone been to Lake View trail?
Yes, it is very fun!! The weather there (we usually go during the winter) is always EPIC. You start off with a nice, cool, sunny day, get to the top of bobcat and it either starts POURING, ICING, SNOWING, or gets really foggy. It's great.

I remember this time we went and half way up the mountain it started monsooning - the trail turned into a waterfall/river so any guys with small dinky tires had to turn around, it became pretty treacherous!! haha

I've never heard of Lake View Trail - where is it at? I'd be interested in going sometime.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
That's what she said

ImprezedWRX has disabled reputation

Heiss: I also used to have a Tacoma. Had little 31's on it and a brush gaurd but thats about as far as it went. Oh and a AEM cold air intake . But your old Taco looks really nice.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Yes, it is very fun!! The weather there (we usually go during the winter) is always EPIC. You start off with a nice, cool, sunny day, get to the top of bobcat and it either starts POURING, ICING, SNOWING, or gets really foggy. It's great.

I remember this time we went and half way up the mountain it started monsooning - the trail turned into a waterfall/river so any guys with small dinky tires had to turn around, it became pretty treacherous!! haha

I've never heard of Lake View Trail - where is it at? I'd be interested in going sometime.
My friend from tech said he found it.

This is only my second day in this apartment so I haven't explored the trail yet since the weather has been so shitty but I'm definitetly down for next week.

I'm sure we could find some good stuff for the land cruiser.

As for bobcat: I would like to check it out next week sometime. I'm hoping my samurai will have no problem walking all over it
Old 08-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered member

people
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
H House inc.

IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE

I've been to Bobcat. It's a blast. There are a few good spots around. Lig night mines I think it's called in Craig county is fun. Me and some friends are going some time this week. We don't have anything cool,but we still manage to have fun. Just pretty much stock Jeeps. If anyone is interested I will find out an exact day,and we can go. It is actually made for going wheeling. Tractor tires going up hill climbs to make it easier. It's nothing crazy,but it's pretty cool.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

i wonder if i could ride my dual sport bike on these trails... i should check them out sometime before it gets cold.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Capitalist Pig

Yeah you can i'm sure. I'd take my bike up there too if it weren't extremely hard to manage on such trails! haha

Quick Reply: Looking for some people and places to four wheel with.