Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
Not promising, sent an email with a quote request on the night of the first response with a clear and concise plan on the work I wanted to have done (even had paint numbers and reference pictures as i didn't have the wheels at the time) and have yet to receive anything back. Have since given up on the Gotti sale (seller was very rude, impatient, and really didn't seem all that set on selling them in the first place). Now looking at some OZ Vega nearby but have the same type issue, mainly need the lips polished and would prefer to do it before the tires arrive. Before anyone asks, the reason that I don't simply go in for a face to face consultation is that I do not live in Salem but it is the closest city with this type of facility and a degree of experience that I feel can be trusted with limited production, limited distribution, and borderline antique wheels (the Vega were cast in 1986, which is 5 years older than me, and really freakin old for wheels still in mint condition).

Did you call? Email is great to save time on giving specifics, but is NEVER the best way to conduct business. Face to face or over the telephone is the only way I do, I will email AFTER establishing a contact and verifying that is the best way to communicate. Quite a few places around here have a website and email, but it is rarely checked because of many reasons, most of them being spammers or idiots that waste their time. Most shop owners feel that if someone calls, they are somewhat serious about doing business, but if they email only they are most likely going to be wasting time.

Just the ramblings of an asshole.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
Did you call? Email is great to save time on giving specifics, but is NEVER the best way to conduct business. Face to face or over the telephone is the only way I do, I will email AFTER establishing a contact and verifying that is the best way to communicate. Quite a few places around here have a website and email, but it is rarely checked because of many reasons, most of them being spammers or idiots that waste their time. Most shop owners feel that if someone calls, they are somewhat serious about doing business, but if they email only they are most likely going to be wasting time.

Just the ramblings of an asshole.
nah you're right, and I'll probably just wait until I have them in my possession before calling.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

VIR EURORALLY has disabled reputation

Who did Kerri's(sp?) Hers were chipping before even touching the car. There are several sets of wheels coated by B&B as well as various other bits that were coated in the area up there. One of which was repairing poor work from another coater in the Roanoke area

I vote for B&B Specialty Coatings in Henry,VA
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

The faces turned out really good.

He hasn't taken any real pictures yet but the quality seems to be there. Seemed like there may have been some runs around the outer edge of the face but once they were torqued down into the lip it was nothing you could see anyway. They have a massive color chart too so color matching should be possible.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by str8jakett
The faces turned out really good.

He hasn't taken any real pictures yet but the quality seems to be there. Seemed like there may have been some runs around the outer edge of the face but once they were torqued down into the lip it was nothing you could see anyway. They have a massive color chart too so color matching should be possible.
Wow that looks good and that was done at powdercoating and more? If so I might bring them my Vegas, gettin gold faces cuz imma pimp
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

Yeah, Powdercoating and More. I'll try to get some more pictures up next week when they are mounted.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

Bumpage, I'm trying to get my STi bbs's cleaned and coated since I found a bit of damage on the inner lip of my daily wheels causing it to leak

It took me a wile to notice since the car was on jack stands for so long.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Letze
Bumpage, I'm trying to get my STi bbs's cleaned and coated since I found a bit of damage on the inner lip of my daily wheels causing it to leak

It took me a wile to notice since the car was on jack stands for so long.
call me before you go anywhere Chason...i have a powder coating hookup now.