Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.

Just got a ticket for 24 in a 15 in front of the elementary school across from VWCC. Cops on feet hiding behind telephone poles and trees. Once they clock you they jump out in the road to stop you.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004
Default Re: If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Just got a ticket for 24 in a 15 in front of the elementary school across from VWCC. Cops on feet hiding behind telephone poles and trees. Once they clock you they jump out in the road to stop you.
Sounds like a great way to get ran the fuck over.

Dougie? Hidin in the bushes outside the McDonalds?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I dont care who you are or where you drive. Never speed in school zones. At all.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

I watched them pull over a shit load of people today....i honestly didnt think one lady was going to stop when the guy jumped out in front of her.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by .Sarge.

I dont care who you are or where you drive. Never speed in school zones. At all.
In my defense, it was at the bottom of a hill that they got me. And, I was going 24. At the bottom of a hill. Granted, I guess I should have ridden my brakes down the hill and tried to stay under 15. But, I mean, come on, it was 24. Yes, I was breaking the speed limit, but was it dangerous? Of course not. You know if it was you you'd be as pissed about it as I am.

Find me someone who actually goes 15 in a 15 mph zone. Seriously.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

In my defense, it was at the bottom of a hill that they got me. And, I was going 24. At the bottom of a hill. Granted, I guess I should have ridden my brakes down the hill and tried to stay under 15. But, I mean, come on, it was 24. Yes, I was breaking the speed limit, but was it dangerous? Of course not. You know if it was you you'd be as pissed about it as I am.

In a school zone, fuck yeah.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:19 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin

In a school zone, fuck yeah.
Me too.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:36 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

i did, all six times i passed those guys today
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I have pictures in my head of Gomer Pyle jumping out of the bushes yelling "Citizen's arrest!!Citizen's Arrest!!!"
Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

All the do gooders in here... Let me see your driving records, guys. Corey: Did that tree jump out in front of you on a race track?

They probably want to get hit by the "speeding vehicle" so they can attempt to charge the driver with attempted murder or assault on a police officer.

I try not to go over the speed limit in school zones as it is because I've learned the hard way when I was younger. As ridiculous as a 15mph speed limit is, I know that enforcement is much stronger in a school zone than elsewhere. Rivers Edge, for example, is REALLY difficult to drive 15mph down. I understand there's a lot of foot traffic, bicyclers, etc, but I really don't think the reaction time is that significant between 15mph to 25mph. At the very least the speed limit should change like a school zone changes during school hours over there.

Anyway, I know Chad personally. He's not a teenage ricer racing through the streets of Roanoke trying to terrorize innocent citizens with his angled titanium exhaust canister. He's old as fuck. He's innocent! I'll go to court with you Chad. You're too fucking old to be ticketed.

Chad: Really though.. bigger tires without the proper speedometer gear means your speedometer wasn't registering your true speed. Sounds like an equipment malfunction to me. You're welcome.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 05-03-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.