VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/if-youre-near-va-western-today-watch-your-speed-395051/)

Cosmo 05-03-2011 11:50 AM

If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.

Just got a ticket for 24 in a 15 in front of the elementary school across from VWCC. Cops on feet hiding behind telephone poles and trees. Once they clock you they jump out in the road to stop you.

bluesrt2004 05-03-2011 12:01 PM

Re: If you're near VA Western today, watch your speed.

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 7071786)
Just got a ticket for 24 in a 15 in front of the elementary school across from VWCC. Cops on feet hiding behind telephone poles and trees. Once they clock you they jump out in the road to stop you.

Sounds like a great way to get ran the fuck over.

Dougie? Hidin in the bushes outside the McDonalds?

.Sarge. 05-03-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 7071786)

:facepalm:

I dont care who you are or where you drive. Never speed in school zones. At all.

The Nisbro 05-03-2011 02:02 PM

I watched them pull over a shit load of people today....i honestly didnt think one lady was going to stop when the guy jumped out in front of her.

Cosmo 05-03-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by .Sarge. (Post 7071999)
:facepalm:

I dont care who you are or where you drive. Never speed in school zones. At all.

In my defense, it was at the bottom of a hill that they got me. And, I was going 24. At the bottom of a hill. Granted, I guess I should have ridden my brakes down the hill and tried to stay under 15. But, I mean, come on, it was 24. Yes, I was breaking the speed limit, but was it dangerous? Of course not. You know if it was you you'd be as pissed about it as I am.

Find me someone who actually goes 15 in a 15 mph zone. Seriously.

Kris.Is.Foamin 05-03-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 7072186)
In my defense, it was at the bottom of a hill that they got me. And, I was going 24. At the bottom of a hill. Granted, I guess I should have ridden my brakes down the hill and tried to stay under 15. But, I mean, come on, it was 24. Yes, I was breaking the speed limit, but was it dangerous? Of course not. You know if it was you you'd be as pissed about it as I am.

:hi:

In a school zone, fuck yeah.

.Sarge. 05-03-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin (Post 7072214)
:hi:

In a school zone, fuck yeah.

Me too. :hi:

The Nisbro 05-03-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 7072186)

i did, all six times i passed those guys today :)

TNGChris 05-03-2011 04:40 PM

I have pictures in my head of Gomer Pyle jumping out of the bushes yelling "Citizen's arrest!!Citizen's Arrest!!!"

VanillaThrilla 05-03-2011 04:54 PM

All the do gooders in here... Let me see your driving records, guys. Corey: Did that tree jump out in front of you on a race track? :p

They probably want to get hit by the "speeding vehicle" so they can attempt to charge the driver with attempted murder or assault on a police officer.

I try not to go over the speed limit in school zones as it is because I've learned the hard way when I was younger. As ridiculous as a 15mph speed limit is, I know that enforcement is much stronger in a school zone than elsewhere. Rivers Edge, for example, is REALLY difficult to drive 15mph down. I understand there's a lot of foot traffic, bicyclers, etc, but I really don't think the reaction time is that significant between 15mph to 25mph. At the very least the speed limit should change like a school zone changes during school hours over there.

Anyway, I know Chad personally. He's not a teenage ricer racing through the streets of Roanoke trying to terrorize innocent citizens with his angled titanium exhaust canister. He's old as fuck. He's innocent! I'll go to court with you Chad. You're too fucking old to be ticketed. :p

Chad: Really though.. bigger tires without the proper speedometer gear means your speedometer wasn't registering your true speed. Sounds like an equipment malfunction to me. You're welcome.