Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Gun Thread (1911 Question)

Old 07-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gun Thread (1911 Question)

Originally Posted by str8jakett
Does anybody know anything about this Wilson Combat?

Not a bad looking little gun, but I didn't even pick one up.
They make pretty good stuff.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

The only 1911 I've ever shot was a Kimber of some sort at Bob's, and I didnt like how wide (front to back) the grips were. I've held a Springfield GI 1911 and it didnt feel bad, but I still prefer the thinner grip of my XD45 over it.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

TNGChris: How do you carry the P90, on the hip, small of back? Seems like a large gun to conceal. I haven't tried to carry anything large, but if I got the Kimber, I'd probably try to see how it did.

i should have been more specific.when i said carry,i meant in my car.it stays on my nightstand,goes with me to the car,and comes back in when i get home at night.the few times i have actually carried it on me,it was on the hip.definitely too large to comfortably hide.

BTW-excellent pic on top of the Parents magazine

chris
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TNGChris
i should have been more specific.when i said carry,i meant in my car.it stays on my nightstand,goes with me to the car,and comes back in when i get home at night.the few times i have actually carried it on me,it was on the hip.definitely too large to comfortably hide.

BTW-excellent pic on top of the Parents magazine
chris
Ahh, gotcha. I know that routine, I used to do it with the Colt until I bought the holster. Do you have a holster for it? I've got a Fobus laying around, but I don't know if it fits a P90.

Parents mag, haha, never noticed till now.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Makin Moves

Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311

Taurus PT 1911.

Also PM blaxican25. He probably has forgotten more about guns then I'll ever know.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by idkfa
cool thread. I've been interested in picking up another.
I carry a Glock 27 and the girl has a kel-tec P3AT.. now that's a cool little gun.

You always hear about the 1911 action but I have never gotten a chance to try one out... good luck on your decision

judging by your screename I'd say you played a lot of doom, lol.

BTW, you cannot go wrong with a springfield. I'd really like to have a mil-spec 1911, but alas I have other things to push money torwards at the moment. I love my XD though!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Ahh, gotcha. I know that routine, I used to do it with the Colt until I bought the holster. Do you have a holster for it? I've got a Fobus laying around, but I don't know if it fits a P90.

Parents mag, haha, never noticed till now.
i've got a clip-on holster for it now that i just fit to my belt whenever i carry it.works well.
Chris
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Best handgun I've ever owned, and best quality I've ever seen. Very expensvie, but I carry (in my car, never on me) a Kimber Ultra Carry II (.45 ACP, weighs only 25 ounces) with night sights and lasergrips...

Illegally.

Shhh.... Don't tell... I'll be 21 in a few months.

A friend carries the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was considering it as my next purchase. It feels good, but I've never fired it.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
A friend carries the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was considering it as my next purchase. It feels good, but I've never fired it.
you need to.i'm still amazed every time i shoot Rob's Kimber.i've never shot any other .45 that has as little recoil and muzzle lift as that gun.with my .45,you basically have to re-aim after every shot.with the Kimber,you can practically unload once on target,with very little or no correction needed.my .380 isn't as easy to shoot.
Chris
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
you need to.i'm still amazed every time i shoot Rob's Kimber.i've never shot any other .45 that has as little recoil and muzzle lift as that gun.with my .45,you basically have to re-aim after every shot.with the Kimber,you can practically unload once on target,with very little or no correction needed.my .380 isn't as easy to shoot.
Chris
You're very convincing. That's exactly what I like to hear.

I need to find out where he got it if he bought it in town... I'd like to scope it out this week or next week before it's too late. I like the idea of unloading, accurately, with little effort.