Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

First Team Nissan on peters creek.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default First Team Nissan on peters creek.

Has anyone here ever dealt with this dealership? This is just a little story in case your wanting to. A good friend of mine back in august backed into my Maxima. Something to do with the IMMU broke randomly at the same time. The car was then towed to the nearest nissan dealer. Seeing how it was an issue only "THEY" could fix. I handed the key over to the dealer. After diagnostics, they said "it's going to need a new IMMU" $426.00. plus labor so I was looking at an $800.00 bill.

Well I told them to give me a week I would check some junkyards. So I found no immu's anywhere so I gave them a call back and gave them the "go ahead" on the repair. 3 months go by......6months go by. I had called them several hundred times and every time this "SAMMY GUNTER" dude I spoke to said he had ordered the part.

Finally one day I got pissed off and drove to the place (which is a 35min drive for me) and decided to talk to these people in person...After giving them my name they proceeded to try and find the work order. They kept asking me what year the car was. What did I bring it in for?......Did they order the part for me?......When did I bring it in?

So in the process of them trying to discover what seemed like the question of life. I decided to walk around the lot and find my car. Well I found it all right! Sitting in the very back of the lot with two flat tires and a dead ass battery untouched. I was fucking PISSED. So I marched my ass in there demanded my key and told them they had better be glad I need the money for the fucking repair or I would use it to buy a lawyer and sue the fuck out of them. They had had my car 7 months and all they did was look at it.

I now have it at a local shop with a very good mechanic and he is trying his best to do the repair. I just wanted to rant and hopefully stop someone from having to go through all this trouble just as I did. This is not the only thing I have had happen or heard about through this dealership.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: First Team Nissan on peters creek.

Not the first time I've heard something like this, sadly.

We've had several towed from an "undisclosed repair shop on Peters Creek Rd" that wound up being severely mis-diagnosed or over-priced on the repairs.

Glad to see you found an independent shop that will help you, a Consult III is all that is needed to do the Immobilizer work on those vehicles.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

I've never really cared for that place in general. I have gone there 3 times before ready to buy a car on their lot, but something different happened every time that resulted in me leaving and taking my business elsewhere. And I have ordered a part through their Nissan dept ages ago and it took entirely too long for it to come in.

Granted, we did buy my wife's current car from them, but that was only because she had a personal connection with a manager there at the time and was able to bypass all the issues I've had with them in the past. The only issue we've had where the car had to be taken there was for simple recalls - and it was done timely. But, I know where you're coming from and hope we never have a major issue or accident where we have to rely on them to fix it because I am very skeptical.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

BenJaminM451 has disabled reputation

i went out there for a tech job and it seemed like a shitty business, now i know lol
Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

Sounds like you kept talking to the same "service advisor" Any time you get into issues like that you want to push for some one higher ups how you get to them depends on the dealer.

Sorry that this happened to you. I would never let a car sit that long, had I not gotten an update by the first month it would have taken the car back, how often did you check back? Several hundred sounds more like you're exaggerating. Even electronics work like this can be handled within a few days, and if the dealer is genuinely busy it can be done inside of a couple weeks.

Last edited by Letze; 02-01-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Pimpin teh stockness

blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5

I'd say its all nissan dealers because I had a similar experience at victory nissan in richmond (on broad st) but pomocco nissan in hampton has always been good.....(for me)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 AM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

nissan in stanton is great the guy i talked to was a younger guy great service. i went in to ask about getting the motor on my automatic belt on my s13 replaced. he talked to the people at nissan usa and they said the lifetime warenty was only on the belt and clip. so it would be 600$ for labor and the part. but he looked some more on his own time and gave me a call and told me there was a used one for sale thru a nissan parts place. he said it would be 200$ for labor and parts. he did a great job and all the people there were cool. good place. nissan in stanton.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
EMPIRE

ShortStackSoJDM has disabled reputation

i used to have a 95 golf vr6 and the battery kept going dead. i checked the alternator and it was fine. i couldnt figure out the problem so i took it to first team and for 90 buck they diagnosed it as the coilpack was bad. they wanted 800 bucks for a new one. i said fuck that and head it towed home. come to find out there were 2 wired to the coilpack that the insulation had split and the wires were arching and draining the battery. took me 5 min. and 2.50 worth of liquid electrical tape to fix it. first team sucks. only good thing about them is they tend to give alot of money for trade ins.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I bought my WRX from them in 02. Just bought my wife's Forester from them a week ago. No complaints. They even matched a lower price I found a Forester in Charlotte.

Did all the work on my WRX myself or with the help of friends, so it never went back there. The Forester is too new to have any service done, so I guess I've never really dealt with the service department. But, with a business that large that deals with as many people as it does, eventually there are going to be people who have horror stories to tell.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

For future reference and this may just be me being tired, but wtf is an IMMU?

Quick Reply: First Team Nissan on peters creek.