Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Equipment Failure Ticket

Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Equipment Failure Ticket

So I got pulled over for the 8th time this morning (around 1:20) and it resulted in my first ticket, $30 equipment failure for faulty right tail light. Cop passes me going the other way and being the paranoid fucker that I am I checked the rearview and noticed him slowing and starting to turn (bad news). I thought I was speeding and the cop was fairly far behind me so I made a stupid decision. I whipped on a side street and cut the lights off and shut the car down trying to hide. So he pulls up right behind me and I'm thinkin wtf? Then I realize my right foot was still pressing the brake down so my brake lights were a dead giveaway. Guy shines a spotlight on me and I freak the fuck out, I turn the car off and toss keys out the window and put my hands up and out the window. I did this because I thought maybe he'd think there was a more sinister reason I was hiding. (i.e. going for a weapon, getting ready to run, etc.) Cop walks up and he's just like "boy you ever been in trouble before? You threw your hands out the window like you've been arrested before" I laughed and said no I haven't. He asked why I turned down the street and I said because I knew I was busted for speeding, he was like "you were only doin 38 in a 35, your whole tail light is out, if you hadn't tried to hide from me I would've just let you go." I didn't even know the damn thing was out so now I'm thinkin FUCK. I've got a court date and shit and I'm just wondering what this means for me as far as like insurance and my license. Am I gonna get shafted on insurance now because of this? Isn't an equipment failure ticket just like a "fix-it ticket" where you basically just prove that the problem has been rectified? Or do you get like points and shit? I've never gotten a ticket in my life and I'm mainly worried about insurance spiking on me. Ticket is $30 plus a $60 court fee.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: Equipment Failure Ticket

Originally Posted by Race B&on
So I got pulled over for the 8th time this morning (around 1:20) and it resulted in my first ticket, $30 equipment failure for faulty right tail light. Cop passes me going the other way and being the paranoid fucker that I am I checked the rearview and noticed him slowing and starting to turn (bad news). I thought I was speeding and the cop was fairly far behind me so I made a stupid decision. I whipped on a side street and cut the lights off and shut the car down trying to hide. So he pulls up right behind me and I'm thinkin wtf? Then I realize my right foot was still pressing the brake down so my brake lights were a dead giveaway. Guy shines a spotlight on me and I freak the fuck out, I turn the car off and toss keys out the window and put my hands up and out the window. I did this because I thought maybe he'd think there was a more sinister reason I was hiding. (i.e. going for a weapon, getting ready to run, etc.) Cop walks up and he's just like "boy you ever been in trouble before? You threw your hands out the window like you've been arrested before" I laughed and said no I haven't. He asked why I turned down the street and I said because I knew I was busted for speeding, he was like "you were only doin 38 in a 35, your whole tail light is out, if you hadn't tried to hide from me I would've just let you go." I didn't even know the damn thing was out so now I'm thinkin FUCK. I've got a court date and shit and I'm just wondering what this means for me as far as like insurance and my license. Am I gonna get shafted on insurance now because of this? Isn't an equipment failure ticket just like a "fix-it ticket" where you basically just prove that the problem has been rectified? Or do you get like points and shit? I've never gotten a ticket in my life and I'm mainly worried about insurance spiking on me. Ticket is $30 plus a $60 court fee.
EL OH EL!!!! For serious, just take a picture of it fixed or something like that and take it to court. As far as points go, you should be fine. I doubt your insurance premium will be effected at all....and that story is funny as crap......foot still on the brake.....
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

If you were a n00b, you would be flamed on and red as a baboons ass. You reacted like a crackhead, lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
EL OH EL!!!! For serious, just take a picture of it fixed or something like that and take it to court. As far as points go, you should be fine. I doubt your insurance premium will be effected at all....and that story is funny as crap......foot still on the brake.....
lol I was pissed. I couldn't believe I did that, I would've been fine, he would've driven right past me too. Guy was a fairly good sport once he realized I wasn't like an escaped convict or something.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love

just pay the ticket and fix your shit.......i can tell youve never gotten a ticket before.....oh and next time you get pulled over just turn your car off and sit there, dont throw your hands out the windows like a idiot.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
If you were a n00b, you would be flamed on and red as a baboons ass. You reacted like a crackhead, lol.
haha I didn't realize that til after, I was like holy fuck that was stupid. I'd give anything to have the dash cam video of that.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

I've got a court date and shit and I'm just wondering what this means for me as far as like insurance and my license. Am I gonna get shafted on insurance now because of this? Isn't an equipment failure ticket just like a "fix-it ticket" where you basically just prove that the problem has been rectified? Or do you get like points and shit? I've never gotten a ticket in my life and I'm mainly worried about insurance spiking on me. Ticket is $30 plus a $60 court fee.
Insurance doesn't go up. Equipment failure is normally pay the fine and drive it's taken care of. Never had to appear for anything. Atleast it is in West Virginia.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
You reacted like a crackhead, lol.
LOL. If I hadn't just taken a piss, I would've pissed my pants at OP. I was imagining the whole scenario. Then realizing his foot's on the brake pedal!!!! And he's like, F*Ck!! Oh boy...funny what a cop pulling up behind you will do to some people...
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
LOL. If I hadn't just taken a piss, I would've pissed my pants at OP. I was imagining the whole scenario. Then realizing his foot's on the brake pedal!!!! And he's like, F*Ck!! Oh boy...funny what a cop pulling up behind you will do to some people...
I was shook lol and I figured you guys would enjoy the story. Hopefully the story is entertaining enough to keep the flaming to a minimum. I was stupid and did a stupid thing. (actually a series of stupid things)
Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

It's just an equipment violation, no points. You can just pay the damn thing if you don't want to be bothered with going to court, should be ~100 bucks. Or you can roll the dice and go to court with proof it was fixed and it might get dismissed entirely depending on the judge (some places still make you pay court costs tho). If you have a clean driving record bring a copy of that but if you don't, don't even bring it up. Either way, your insurance isn't going to give a rusty fuck. Next time don't try and duck the police, it only makes them curious and guarantees you're going to get stopped. And throwing your keys and sticking your hands out just lets them know you've been through a felony stop before.

Quick Reply: Equipment Failure Ticket