Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

E85 now available in Charlottesville

Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSP608 will become famous soon enoughMSP608 will become famous soon enough
Default E85 now available in Charlottesville

Not really sure if anyone cares, but the Shell station in Charlottesville on 29/Greenbriar now carries e85 (well, it's probably e70 blend right now since it's winter) I had previously ruled out going e85 because of the lack of availability, but this might change my mind.

If you're curious about e85, check this website out:
http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php

That is all.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:51 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: E85 now available in Charlottesville

heard about this the other day... wonder if they can get barrels... and E98? It's a hike but i'd make the ride if I could get barrels of E98 for a good price
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 AM

dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17

+1 on the barrels
Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

I picked up a few barrels of E98 the other day to try out, but the place I got it from won't sell to individuals...
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17

how much did it run you? I got a local quote from our race gas distributer, needless to say it was far to high in comparison to the e85 pump prices.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marshall
I picked up a few barrels of E98 the other day to try out, but the place I got it from won't sell to individuals...
how did you get it if they won't sell to individuals? Did you have to do a buy-in with a legal business name or something?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

MSP608 will become famous soon enoughMSP608 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
heard about this the other day... wonder if they can get barrels... and E98? It's a hike but i'd make the ride if I could get barrels of E98 for a good price
Probably a shot in the dark, but I'll ask next time I go there.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
how did you get it if they won't sell to individuals? Did you have to do a buy-in with a legal business name or something?
if you have a legal business name, and a resale certificate, and have a means of the fuel tax system, it can be purchased.

but joe blow with an LLC buying one or two drums a month will likely get a go to hell comment from most suppliers, at least ones I have dealt with are that way.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally Posted by fc735
if you have a legal business name, and a resale certificate, and have a means of the fuel tax system, it can be purchased.

but joe blow with an LLC buying one or two drums a month will likely get a go to hell comment from most suppliers, at least ones I have dealt with are that way.
that sucks... you know usually I consider the fact that it's so easy to be a "dealer" for products these days to be one of the biggest economic problems, but in this case, I gotta say I wish it was easier.. haha.... If I had a way to get it retail realistically I would, but when my only option is ordering a barrel that comes out to $8/gallon, no thanks.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:22 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

I get a flack of shit from some of my suppliers if I do not buy a certain quantity in a set period, and if I were a wholesaler, I would not deal with most small time people.

It costs WAY too much to keep overhead in control if you are doing small orders, but there are times exceptions can be made.

Quick Reply: E85 now available in Charlottesville