Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

A couple shots from last night

Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
03 evo 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98
Default Re: A couple shots from last night

as do i. built EVERYTHING and i have had more stupid ass probs than i care to count. his car is a freak of nature in the dsm world. sick ass car reguardless.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
hahaha fuck yeah you are.

So are you comming with us up to AR Fab next week you beeeeeitch. Lets get urs on there and break their machineee.
As much as would love to get the car dyno'd, and I really need to. I am moving in the 16th into my apt at radford and will not be able to go. I also have been getting great results with street/ track tuning which only costs me 15.00 a night, and I get 4 hours worth of tuning, plus it's 5 minutes away from apartment so .

And I'd be far from breaking the machine haha, but with a higher octane fuel it will definitely make me happy.

I don't really know why the car doesn't give me much problems. I maintain it just like everyone else, and I usually overkill mod just incase like when I sent the tranny to shep. That was an investment that was worth the peace of mind. I knew my 7-bolt was a weak point so I saved up, bought a motor, and replaced it before it became an issue, common sense. The car is my daily, so I have to be one step ahead. On the other hand others mod similar and have constant stupid issues so I dunno.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Spooln4
As much as would love to get the car dyno'd, and I really need to. I am moving in the 16th into my apt at radford and will not be able to go. I also have been getting great results with street/ track tuning which only costs me 15.00 a night, and I get 4 hours worth of tuning, plus it's 5 minutes away from apartment so .

And I'd be far from breaking the machine haha, but with a higher octane fuel it will definitely make me happy.

I don't really know why the car doesn't give me much problems. I maintain it just like everyone else, and I usually overkill mod just incase like when I sent the tranny to shep. That was an investment that was worth the peace of mind. I knew my 7-bolt was a weak point so I saved up, bought a motor, and replaced it before it became an issue, common sense. The car is my daily, so I have to be one step ahead. On the other hand others mod similar and have constant stupid issues so I dunno.

That's what I'm saying. I know you've done everything right on your car, but there are plenty of people (as you said) with similar mods and the car stays off the road 11 out of 12 months of the year because something always breaks. In all honesty, your car really is a freakshow car in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
I keep hearing about all these different DSM's....

But every time I see the owner's or the cars, or even hear about a car, they aren't moving... Whats up with that?

Actually... Pretty much every DSM on here doesn't run right now.
Hey, i resent that comment. My dsm runs, just not good

Of course thats if they don't keep kicking you off the track. When are you trying to go back?

Last edited by DSMdtrain; 08-10-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

andrew, whats your latest pass?

Had any runs on the new setup yet?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
andrew, whats your latest pass?

Had any runs on the new setup yet?
The last time I made a pass was on pump and the stock 1g manny, in my sig. I was thinking about going to the track soon but with my intake temps being so high it's not worth it.

I tried a 93/110 mix last night and found out I need a new boost controller, it will only hit 28psi, and falls to 26 by redline which is weaksauce. Any recommendations? I already added a spring in my 38mm waste gate. The controller is the greedy profec 2, the old style.

Edit: Looks like I might need to re-do how my vac lines are ran to the controller and the wastegate. The stepper motor should only see boost and no vacuum, mine is seeing both. Not only that but it's setup like an internal gate still and if I two vacuum lines to the side and top port I should see full boost earlier, and be able to possibly hold 28psi, even though 30-33psi is what I'd like to try.

Last edited by Spooln4; 08-11-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

The last time I made a pass was on pump and the stock 1g manny, in my sig. I was thinking about going to the track soon but with my intake temps being so high it's not worth it.

I tried a 93/110 mix last night and found out I need a new boost controller, it will only hit 28psi, and falls to 26 by redline which is weaksauce. Any recommendations? I already added a spring in my 38mm waste gate. The controller is the greedy profec 2, the old style.

Edit: Looks like I might need to re-do how my vac lines are ran to the controller and the wastegate. The stepper motor should only see boost and no vacuum, mine is seeing both. Not only that but it's setup like an internal gate still and if I two vacuum lines to the side and top port I should see full boost earlier, and be able to possibly hold 28psi, even though 30-33psi is what I'd like to try.
only thing is, and dont quote me on this, I believe the old style profec would not do much more than 28-30 psi. What turbo are you running again, 60-1?

I'm running the newer profec 2 spec b, and its been working great for me, have my low/high boost set for pump and pump/meth, with a switch for the aem.

But yes if your running external you really should change the vaccuum routing, as it will allow you to spool up sooner and such.

98 is moving for pump gas!