Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Charlottesville (sp?) area?

Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Blow Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Charlottesville (sp?) area?

Originally Posted by Stillpushin
So my girl is driving from Radford to Virginia Beach. She drives a 2001 2.0 jetta. About half way there she says "she thinks" the car started to lose power and when shehit the gas the tach went up to 6k ( from what i could understand the engine did not rev but keep in mind i am on the phone, talking to a girl about a car trying to get details). Anyhow, after that she said the car began to overheat. Any suggestions or common problems with this car that it could be. She said that when she went to check the coolant she pulled off the cap and it began to rise and the cap was extremely hot, so i am assuming the overheating is not just a problem with the guage.

Thankyou.
I posted this in a tech talk thread, my girl is now stuck in gordonsville and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on where to take her car.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: Charlottesville (sp?) area?

Im pretty sure you arent suppose to take off the radiator cap when its hot. Usually there is a warning on the cap.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Do you need me to go pick her up? lol

Seriously though, I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying happened.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Haploid has disabled reputation

Regardless,
It sounds like they just need a shop. This is when it pays to have AAA heh.

I'm not really familiar with that area though, so I can't help out that much man.

....and no, don't let any of the guys from this forum know where she is or go pick her up.

She's safer at the worn down motel 6 off the side of a dark street.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by bumada
Im pretty sure you arent suppose to take off the radiator cap when its hot. Usually there is a warning on the cap.
Yeah definatly not,regardless of wether it was over heating or just at running temp, shes lucky she didnt get scalded by the antifreeze.Did you tell her to look at the gauges?Any Check engine lights?if it did over heat,its probably just the thermostat.But i dont understand the reving to 6k part,is it an automatic?if so it could be the transmission slipping...If its not then you may want to check the clutch,women and cluthes dont generally get along.They tend to slip the hell out of them when they put on their makeup
Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

If my girlfriend was stuck on the side of the road within 3-4 hours of me I wouldn't be posting on the internet. I would've been off my ass and on my feet when she told me this and on my way to help her, just to be with her/provide a little more safety if nothing else. So what, you might have to miss a day of class, work, whatever, but if you gave a fuck at all you'd be in your car on your way.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

sorry....haha
Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Blow Me

Thanks guys, she found a decent shop and is getting it taken care of. Sorry if i was unclear but i was very persistant about her not touching the metal radiator cap and only checking the coolant resevoir, which is what she checked.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Blow Me

Originally Posted by LLama
If my girlfriend was stuck on the side of the road within 3-4 hours of me I wouldn't be posting on the internet. I would've been off my ass and on my feet when she told me this and on my way to help her, just to be with her/provide a little more safety if nothing else. So what, you might have to miss a day of class, work, whatever, but if you gave a fuck at all you'd be in your car on your way.
Hey asshole, don't worry about that. Her parents were able to get there 2 hours before i was. As soon i heard i was in my car on the way, but she told me to turn around because her parents were going to be there in half an hour. In the mean time i was on he phone with the state police and hotels near by that would be safe for her.

Quick Reply: Charlottesville (sp?) area?