Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place for a.... (Roanoke Area)

Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude
Default Best place for a.... (Roanoke Area)

Okay, well, i'm pretty new to the Roanoke scene, even though i've lived here for quite a while. But, i'd really like to know where you all go to for paint, tire mounting, parts, etc... Preferably the places that have the best prices/rates and does a quality job. I'm probably going to throw all my questions into here.

Alright, i'll start this off with two questions:

Best place for a repaint. Right now i'm looking to get my front bumper repainted, but not just a quick shoot of color. I'm looking for someone to do all the proper prep work and all that's associated with a quality paint job, while being a reasonable price.

I've gone to CS Autobody and Southwest and they both gave me an estimate of $400 for the front bumper alone, i just thought that was a bit steep, but idk.

And also, where do you guys go to get your tires mounted and balanced. Apparently 45 series tires fit under the High Performance category and cost %50 more to mount at some locations.

Any suggestions would be apprectiated.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Best place for a.... (Roanoke Area)

IMO Wooding's and Cuz's are probably the most top notch paint/auto body shops in the Roanoke area, but they're also probably among the most expensive--owned and operated by the same family... but like I said, top notch people who will stand by their work. That's not to say there aren't other good shops in the area, but they're the first two that come to mind that I have experience with.

Check with White Tire on the other issue I guess...
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 AM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Hamiltons Collision in Salem did an excellent job painting a car for me in the past. Reasonable price too. Cuz has done great work too when I've had an insurance claim. I let Hannabass and Rowe repaint a bumper on my 06 si since it was the geico shop (not my insurance) and I could pick up a rental on spot. I need to take it back again since my HFP front lip is coming loose and you can see the double sided tape sticking out in spots.

As far as tires I've had good and bad experiences with White Tire Salem, Firestone on 419 and Merchants in Salem. Quality Tire on Williamson gave me a hell of a deal on new tires earlier this year but that guy has moved to Firestone at Crossroads. I think tire shops are just hit and miss because of the turnover and people that just dont give a shit.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:49 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Kevin at Quality Tire in salem/glenvar for mounting. They stretched 215/40's on my 17x9.5's for me. Same price and had to use the cheetah. It's a small old school used tire shop, but they do a good job. Definitely don't mind stretching tires
Old 10-19-2010, 04:05 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Since this is going decent, I'll leave it be, but check out the local shop list stickied to the western section.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
IMO Wooding's and Cuz's are probably the most top notch paint/auto body shops in the Roanoke area, but they're also probably among the most expensive--owned and operated by the same family... but like I said, top notch people who will stand by their work. That's not to say there aren't other good shops in the area, but they're the first two that come to mind that I have experience with.

Check with White Tire on the other issue I guess...
+1 on both of these.

Wooding's has done excellent work for me in the past,ranging from painting a bumper for an insurance claim all the way up to a complete body restoration and color change.They're expensive,but that's generally the way it goes with bodyshops.It's pretty rare to find one that consistantly does good work,does it the right way,and does it for cheap.

White's Tire on 460 has always been good about mounting tires I bought elsewhere and not damaging the wheels.Their prices are higher than some places,but it's just like the bodyshop thing- you may find a cheaper place,but isn't it worth it to pay a little more and not have your wheels fucked(and have them take care of the situation should something happen)?

Chris
Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
SU8LIME

jdm_DC4me has disabled reputation

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/official-shop-list-western-110638/
Old 10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Kevin at Quality Tire in salem/glenvar for mounting. They stretched 215/40's on my 17x9.5's for me. Same price and had to use the cheetah. It's a small old school used tire shop, but they do a good job. Definitely don't mind stretching tires
+1 for these guys. theyve got a shop on williamson, out in glenvar, on 11th street, and the warehouse is downtown near the hospital if youre in that neck of the woods. i know the owner personally and he keeps everybody happy. everybody likes kevin in salem, and i'm pretty sure wayne is running the one on williamson rd now, but i get tires from kevin all the time because i live so close.

For that bumper though, check out J & D Paint and Body Shop. They're in Covington, which is a good ride away but Jeff has done a couple cars for me(damn good!) and i'm getting ready to take him another. Its just him and Dennis so they tend to be a little bit lower priced too.
996 Valley Ridge Rd. Covington, VA 24426. Right off of I-64. 540-962-0660.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Hey thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it.

And to the guy who posted the link, thanks, but i've already searched that prior to posting this. And that link doesn't have nearly as much information as what all these nice people have posted. Thanks anyways.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Okay, well, screw making a new thread. Any place around here that sells SEM paints? I'm looking into picking up a few cans of Landau Black.... And shipping is a bitch.

Quick Reply: Best place for a.... (Roanoke Area)