Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place to Fish??? (Roanoke)

Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about
Default Best place to Fish??? (Roanoke)

My 3 year old wants to fish.. Where is the best place to go fishing? I really dont care what we catch, just want to catch something.. Suggestions?

I have 4x4 so anywhere is accessible....
Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Best place to Fish??? (Roanoke)

I've always had decent fishing in greenhill park on the river,but it has to be summer and its off and on.

Carvins cove is obviously an option,and its always been good.

Also,believe it or not,richfield retirement home has ponds out front that they allow you to fish.There are some very good size bass in there.

Just fyi,salem fishing rodeo is this saturday.They stock the shit out of the duck pond across from burger king with trout and allow parents to bring there kids out to catch something.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

yea I saw the rodeo, but Im working.. Think Ill check out carvins cove.. might drive by the retirement home some time...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by ntinhri
yea I saw the rodeo, but Im working.. Think Ill check out carvins cove.. might drive by the retirement home some time...
I'd give the duck pond a try. Everytime I've been by there I've seen kids fishing, so Im certain they're catching something. You can always give Tinker creek a try, never had too much luck behind the dam unless your cat fishing. There used to be a trout farm in Stewartsville, I remember going to when I was a kid. You have keep what you catch, and they charge by the pound but there's different ponds with different size fish. I remember having a blast just because you were guarenteed to catch something.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I caught a 36lb striper right off of the dock here
Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
i assume i cant bring my son there?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

At carvins cove?There seems to be alot of big stuff coming out of there already this year.

If he is talking about carvins cove then yes,it is a $2 dollar a person all day pass.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

apparently tinker creek right beside my house is the hoppingest joint in town. Every time I drive by there headed to work there is cars lined up the beside the creek, and apparently they stock it pretty good. I see tons of people down there on almost a daily basis.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Why not? Sure you can...

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
At carvins cove?There seems to be alot of big stuff coming out of there already this year.

If he is talking about carvins cove then yes,it is a $2 dollar a person all day pass.
SML
Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
apparently tinker creek right beside my house is the hoppingest joint in town. Every time I drive by there headed to work there is cars lined up the beside the creek, and apparently they stock it pretty good. I see tons of people down there on almost a daily basis.
They stock it twice a year iirc.I've had decent luck there,but nothing spectacular.

Why not? Sure you can...

SML
Ahh.Thats a big damn bass.

Quick Reply: Best place to Fish??? (Roanoke)