Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone want to swim a leg of a triathlon?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Anyone want to swim a leg of a triathlon?

So we're looking for someone to swim the swim leg of a triathlon on May 1. It's a 750m swim in Smith Mountain Lake (which means you'll probably need a wetsuit). More info here: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm...l&eventID=1383

You don't have to have any triathlon experience. This will be the first one for me and the other person on the team as well.

We have the bike and run leg covered, but if anyone is interested in doing the swim, let me know.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Anyone want to swim a leg of a triathlon?

fuuuuuu i wish i was still in shape...i'd do this in a heartbeat. i miss swimming.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
fuuuuuu i wish i was still in shape...i'd do this in a heartbeat. i miss swimming.
Well, you have until May. Now get on it!

Honestly, we're not in great shape either. We are actually training for a couple other triathlons later in the year, so this is just a warm-up race for us, which is why we want to do it as a team instead of doing all 3 events like we normally would.

The guy that is doing the running actually taught swimming for a long time, so he's a good swimmer. He's coaching me. But, he doesn't do well in cold water so he wants to do the run (which is fine, since he usually runs a sub 20 minute 5k).
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I would do this in a heart beat, but I blew out my back and shoulder training for the olympics for swimming
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
wait, what?

coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface

If this was summer, I'd jump on it. I don't do well in uber cold water... plus May is way too soon to get me back in the kind of shape I'd need to be in to manage this.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

fuck no! why would you ever do physical activity on purpose?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

What do I get if I win?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
What do I get if I win?
several pulled muscles and a slap on the ass from a couple of your male competitors.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

yo yo yo, i'd be all over this if I was 50 pounds lighter, 6" taller, wore 3 sizes larger shoe, if you heated the water I'd be swimming in with your own piss, and I didn't have to leave my house.

Ya, then I'd be all over it. GL.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm joining Green Ridge next week I think Chad.. It's a toss up between RAC, Green Ridge, and the YMCA Kirk. We'll see.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to swim a leg of a triathlon?