Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone live or been to Keysville VA?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone live or been to Keysville VA?

I'm planning to take my wife there to the drive-in movie theater. She has never been to a drive-in, so I figured I'd change that.

The Keysville drive-in is the closest one to where I live (Newport News) and I wanted to make sure it's an ok drive-in?

Also, anyone ever stay or eat at Sheldon's Motel and Restaurant? I figured we'd stay there and grab some dinner/breakfast before we head back home.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89
Default Re: Anyone live or been to Keysville VA?

I dont know if thats the one near the mini airport or what but if not theres one near me I think its near smith mountain lake but it was awesome huge screen outside full service dinner in the back will bring food to your car last time I went was fun.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
I dont know if thats the one near the mini airport or what but if not theres one near me I think its near smith mountain lake but it was awesome huge screen outside full service dinner in the back will bring food to your car last time I went was fun.
Thanks for reply, but that drive in seems to be about an hr further than the one I'm referring too.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered member

mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012 mec2012

Ive been out to the area and seen the drive in.. Its right off of a main road that honestly does not have much around just houses every quater mile or so. Just very country, i know there is a town close that my friend said is not the best place, he has property right past keysville so has grown up going to the area
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
That's the mayberry diner/drive in. It's on white house road off of rt122. Its a nice place and ~10 minutes from my house.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
That's the mayberry diner/drive in. It's on white house road off of rt122. Its a nice place and ~10 minutes from my house.
Awesome! thanks for the info!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Christiansburg, VA has one that I take the wife and kids to. That's cool you're taking your wife to one. I really don't know how much longer any can afford to stick around.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Best part of going to Starlight in Christiansburg is there is a drive-in diner next door.

Also, they are the only drive-in theater with digital projection, they just installed a new projector a few months back and it is amazing in quality.

Granted, most of the time people are not watching the movie but fuckin in the back seat.....
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Christiansburg, VA has one that I take the wife and kids to. That's cool you're taking your wife to one. I really don't know how much longer any can afford to stick around.
Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
Best part of going to Starlight in Christiansburg is there is a drive-in diner next door.

Also, they are the only drive-in theater with digital projection, they just installed a new projector a few months back and it is amazing in quality.

Granted, most of the time people are not watching the movie but fuckin in the back seat.....
Thanks for the replies! Let me look into that one as well.

Yes, it's going to be a sad day when Drive In's are completely gone. I was born in 1978 and grew up around drive in's. I remember my dad taking us and we'd take the top off his old Chevy Blazer (late 70's- early 80's blazer) and set in the back of it and watch a movie outside! We thought the "double feature" was the coolest thing. Walking to the consession stand, swinging on the swings out front right infront of the screen..... brings back some good memories!

It's too bad my wife never got to experience that as a kid, but it's never too late. We are pregnant with our first and I most certainly will be taking him and his friends to a drive in.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:08 PM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

The keysville drive-in is nice. Usually show like 3 back to back movies. In my experience sheldons sucked. Id look elsewhere for dinner. I would recommend the pizza joint in keysville over sheldons. If you are just looking for a place to eat, its fine but I vote go 20 mins away to farmville(Longwood college), find a place to stay and eat there

Quick Reply: Anyone live or been to Keysville VA?