VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Western VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/)
-   -   Anyone know where to get VHS converted to DVD? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/western-va-17/anyone-know-where-get-vhs-converted-dvd-420818/)

Cosmo 11-21-2011 09:26 AM

Anyone know where to get VHS converted to DVD?

I have a friend who is looking to get a bunch of VHS tapes converted to DVD. Anyone know of a place?

I have checked with that place at Towers in the past, but the guy didn't even act like he wanted to talk to me, much less do business with me, so I can't recommend that place to her.

TATTRAT 11-21-2011 09:27 AM

Re: Anyone know where to get VHS converted to DVD?

Ritz use to do it, pretty fair pricing too. . .shit, are they still around?

*EDIT* pics of HER?

Cosmo 11-21-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 7481185)
Ritz use to do it, pretty fair pricing too. . .shit, are they still around?

*EDIT* pics of HER?

Uhh... no. Not that kind of friend.

I believe Ritz is closed down. Wonder if Photo USA does it...

White Devil 11-21-2011 10:20 AM

If they are store-bought tapes... no go. No one wants to mess with that and get money for it.

If they are non-store-bought, most VCR/DVD decks are still available, are relatively good quality and dirt cheap. Of course the downsides are they wont record store-boughts, and once youve burned down everything to DVD they are useless.

You can also stream video to your PC and record from that source, so long as it isnt copyrighted.

Scotty_Nooo 11-21-2011 10:22 AM

My grandfather is on this kick of getting all the old home movies converted to DVD's and he's been using Costco. They do a good job and you get two copies for each and IIRC it's fairly cheap.

Cosmo 11-21-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Delbanner (Post 7481297)
If they are store-bought tapes... no go. No one wants to mess with that and get money for it.

If they are non-store-bought, most VCR/DVD decks are still available, are relatively good quality and dirt cheap. Of course the downsides are they wont record store-boughts, and once youve burned down everything to DVD they are useless.

You can also stream video to your PC and record from that source, so long as it isnt copyrighted.

I don't know if it's copyrighted or not. If it is, I believe she holds the copyright or would have permission to copy it. It's for her business. Stuff they use for training and whatnot. I think that she would rather just pay someone to do it than go out and buy equipment to do it.

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 7481307)
My grandfather is on this kick of getting all the old home movies converted to DVD's and he's been using Costco. They do a good job and you get two copies for each and IIRC it's fairly cheap.

I've never even seen a Costco. Closest one is 2 hours away I think.

Scotty_Nooo 11-21-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 7481329)
I don't know if it's copyrighted or not. If it is, I believe she holds the copyright or would have permission to copy it. It's for her business. Stuff they use for training and whatnot. I think that she would rather just pay someone to do it than go out and buy equipment to do it.

I've never even seen a Costco. Closest one is 2 hours away I think.

Where about are you located?

Cosmo 11-21-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 7481348)
Where about are you located?

Roanoke

TongWoo 11-21-2011 11:48 AM

Try southern photo.

Letze 11-21-2011 04:07 PM

I have one of those fancy VHS to DVD conversion boxes if you're interested in doing it cheap.

my dad bought it to save old vhs tapes but he never got around to it, so far we've only burnt a couple things. given the tech though it wasn't bad.