Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

All you VT people okay?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All you VT people okay?

I pray for a full recovery of your friend!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by PrGalantRCR
Jamal Carver of Virginia Beach, attended Salem high school graduate of 03' (one of my Baseball team mates when i attended) , is still in recovery with two bullet wounds, one bullet was removed from his upper intestin left side, the other in the right tricept which fractured his bone, Doctors concluded to leave it in there in the thought that going in might damage the bone even more. He was attending class of the professor who survived the holocaust, when he and another classmate fled down the hall and Jamal was struck to the floor, he got up and ran down the stairs leading down to the first floor when they saw a girl sitting taking a test in a vacant room...? They try to flee out the building but the doors where chained so they all hid in a closet i believe. I want to say i personally knew Jamal and he is a man of great courage, determination and heroism. He currently is at a Radford hospital recovering.
Damn. I didn't know him, but Salem HS is less than a mile from me.

Glad to hear he's recovering.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:26 AM
omfgbbq

OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt OwManThatHurt

Is there an injured list?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

NO, recovery victim's name have been release if upon theyre request to be known or family's want them to be known...........as i recall
Old 04-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Aequitas - Veritas

BananaBroncoII has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Damn. I didn't know him, but Salem HS is less than a mile from me.

Glad to hear he's recovering.
There are two Salem high schools in VA, this one is out next to the beach I'd imagine (see: Virginia Beach).

One of my professors at Roanoke College happens to be the head of the FBI office (senior supervisory agent or something like that) for Roanoke, Wytheville, and Bristol and teaches my Terrorism/Anti-Terrorism class. Naturally he had to cancel class Tuesday night, but since Thursday was our last class he had to take off from Blacksburg to finish up the class and give us a review for the midterm.

Long story short - He's only had 5 hours of sleep since monday (this was Thursday at 7pm) and hadn't seen his wife or kid much in those few days. My point is..while ya'll are praying for all the victims and their families and friends, be thinking about the guys and gals who are still up there working night and day to try and get answers. Most of them are dealing with the worst crime scene they could have ever imagined and it is undoubtedly one of the hardest things they have ever had to do (this includes my Professor who has investigated things like OK City Bombing, USS Cole, etc).

Please pray for those follks, too.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
iTs DA VTACH Yooooo!

neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004

I shook the hand of every police officer I walked by when I went to visit my adviser on fri. I also laughed when I saw the big yellow Scientology tent on the drillfield. What a sore thumb it is....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
GGR son

Griffin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PrGalantRCR
Jamal Carver of Virginia Beach, attended Salem high school graduate of 03' (one of my Baseball team mates when i attended) , is still in recovery with two bullet wounds, one bullet was removed from his upper intestin left side, the other in the right tricept which fractured his bone, Doctors concluded to leave it in there in the thought that going in might damage the bone even more. He was attending class of the professor who survived the holocaust, when he and another classmate fled down the hall and Jamal was struck to the floor, he got up and ran down the stairs leading down to the first floor when they saw a girl sitting taking a test in a vacant room...? They try to flee out the building but the doors where chained so they all hid in a closet i believe. I want to say i personally knew Jamal and he is a man of great courage, determination and heroism. He currently is at a Radford hospital recovering.
This story is very tragic, but none the less courageous. This guy has a lot of my respect.